Emerald Sword [Loceit] (Dark Sides AU?)

Guess what? I think I'm around halfway done with Pengi11's requests lol. Don't worry I'm going to finish them all! Even if it means I skip my thousand reads celebration. I can celebrate 1.5K later.

Warning: Severe Headcannons about a Dark Side in theory. If you want to consider it an OC, then sure. Whatever. I just don't write other people's OCs because I can't do them justice.

STORYTIME!

Deceit found himself here again. Wow, he really was a pathetic dark side wasn't he? Deceit always comes back here whenever he loses the one moments that kept the memory of him alive. He held the scabbard to a sword laced in green in his hands and sat on the edge of the world. By world he totally meant the actual world. Not really. He was in a dream sitting off a cliff, Just like that scene in Steven Universe. If the simile still stands, then someone should be walking up behind him with concern literally any minute now.

"Deceit. You've ran away before I could question you about this."

Logan stood behind him, holding the green bladed sword in his hand. A sword glowing green with envy. The handle was blacker than coal with god's new ribbon laced around it. It matched perfectly with the Scabbard in his arms. Deceit held back the tears. He didn't want them to know. Deceit had just been accepted into the group and now here he was, struggling with something he should have left in the dark side of the mind. It's his own fault for being so damn clingy. It's his own fault for keeping the sword and playing the villain. He's the serpent here anyways. Deceit didn't dare turn back and face Logan, his new boyfriend. People shouldn't talk about their past relationships when trying to abandon them. Platonic or Romantic.

"Go ahead. Praise me. Tell me all about how cool it is to have a green sword and how you aren't worried for me at all and how you'll respect my boundaries on things I don't want to talk about."

Deceit rolled his eyes, saying the exact opposite of what Logan as going to do. He knew better than to think that Logan was going to leave him alone. That's not the kind of friend nor lover the logical man was. Logan sighed and walked over to the edge of the cliff, holding the blade away from his body so he does not injure either man. He doesn't need Words to ask for the scabbard. Deceit hands it to him and Logan seethes the sword for him, returning it. Deceit took the sword and hugged it close. It was the only thing that gave him any happiness in the dark side of the mind.

"Deceit, you know exactly what I'm going to ask. I would prefer not to be forced to explain why you should tell me about your problems, so why not get them out of the way and on the table?"

Deceit took in a sharp breath. Should he really tell all these things? Deceit knows that the core sides, not including Virgil, know a bit of the world of the dark mind but don't know the entirety. There's a lot of repression, a lot of despair, vengeance, hatred, detestment, and horrible things that are back there. Sloth, Gluttony, Lust, Greed, and Envy are all repressed back there. Pride is the only sin that isn't repressed. Roman and Deceit together make that sin, but without Deceit Roman isn't toxic and has a healthy self confidence. They're separated, but when fused together they become the sin. Just like every one of the seven deadly sins is derived from a collaboration with another. The other halves of every sin are locked away, except Deceit. Sloth needs Virgil, Gluttony needs  Patton, Greed needs Logan, Lust needs Roman  and there is one more combination nobody knew of that was complete

The sin of Envy. This was Envy's sword. Deceit had to fight Envy once, despite Envy (and both sides that make up Envy) being the only dark side Deceit had a somewhat healthy relationship with. Envy became dangerous at some point in time that Deceit had to banish them. He had to face Envy as a whole and face envy separated. Deceit stole their sword and locked them away with the head of Roman. Pride is the strongest of the sins, and Deceit begged Roman for his strength. Roman agreed to keep the entire ordeal a secret and everything about the sins a secret from everyone else. What else do you think happens on Roman's heroic crusades? The Dragon Witch is just a training simulation for the real deal. Roman hates Deceit, but he knows sometimes the herone must team up with an antiheroine for the story to move on. Deceit held the sword close. Maybe he could lie himself out of this one?

"The dark side of the mind is a terrible place, you are aware. This sword was a gift from a Sides that has died. Part of a phase that Thomas grew out of. I still miss them, that's all."

Logan nodded, but he knew Deceit was lying. Logan wasn't aware of the entire story, but he knew that had nothing to do with it. Logan knew Deceit well enough to know his tell signs when he lied. He gripped the sword harder and his pupils constrict slightly. He also gets a small smirk on the corners of his lips as if he can't help it. Logan placed his hand on his snek boyfriend's shoulder. Deceit turned to look him in the eyes for the first time in this whole ordeal. The imaginative reality was being affected by the mood. The sky was a dark blue, almost black. The moon was dim and the grass of the ledge was almost teal. The only light was luminescent off the grass and the green sword in Deceit's arms. Oh, and the dim moonlight and speck that could hardly be called stars. If only Echo Flowers from Undertale could be here. As if based on the thought in Deceit's mind, small Echo flowers began to grow on the ground and bright up the dream, if only a small bit.

"Deceit. Truth."

Deceit forgot how inspective Logan could be. Deceit sighed and decided he should probably tell the story of Envy Sanders. He should leave out the part with Roman and all the other deadly sins before he scares Logan or gives him any ideas. Logan with an idea is scarier than any battle Deceit has fought with any blade. Deceit let out a heavy sigh before begining to tell the truth. Logan deserves to know.

"Back in the dark void that is the dark corners of the mind, there was a side named Envy. They used to be cool and toned down. But then there was a huge spike and Envy tried taking control, going to the front of the mind and planning to take over the entire mind. This side taught me everything I knew about being a side and how to swordfight. They were the only stable relationship I ever had. I knew I couldn't allow that to happen, so I fought them. I took their sword and banished them. I'm not sure if they're still there or if they were found, but I took Envy's sword. It's a proud victory in my part. I've never fought anyone stronger. Ha ha..."

Deceit tried to act like it was no big deal. He used his normal suave voice. However it failed. Logan stared at him for a really long time. Logan doesn't know much about grief or anything, but he researched on how to comfort grieving people. Logan slipped his hand into Deceit's and rested his head on Deceit's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

Deceit wanted to snicker, roll his eyes. He was more sorry that he even had to be thrown in a situation like that. But for Logan, he can lie and say he's fine. After all, Deceit was created for secrets.

1270 Words

I made some deep lore about this one. Wow, I didn't expect it to go that route. If enough people ask me to I can make a Seven Deadly Sanders book if needed. Only if people want that. 

Also ugh school again tomorrow.

Everyone has stories they don't want to tell. Everyone has secrets and grief and heartache in their life. That's okay. Those scars are proof that you care. Those moments of pain are proof that you've been living. It's perfectly alright to not be okay after emotional trauma. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva