Look At Where We Are [Logince] (Modern AU)

June 4, 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROMAN!!!

STORYTIME!

June 4th, 2002. It had been his first birthday since his parents died in the twin towers last September. He was stuck in an orphanage after moving from state to state with many different foster parents. He could only live in then oprhangae for maybe a year or two more before they could let him go. It was extremely sad. But, hey. He could try and go back to Highschool in whatever state this is. He'd only miss maybe two years. Easy to make up! ... but he doesn't think he wants to...

June 4th 2004. Roman had enrolled into the Gainesville local Highschool he had forgotten the name of already. The orphanage said that since he was sixteen it was time to go. Of he could drive, he could have a job and buy an apartment. There's a lot of homeless kids these days. He just has to wait for school to start... but for now he just lives at the park and has a "job" washing cars and earns money by singing and doing monologues in the park. People are much more generous here than in New York. How did Roman even get here? It's better he doesn't ask.

June 4th 2005. After a year Roman finally owns an apartment and has a job after school. It barely pays the rent and he has to stay up all night. Well, since summer break had just started he was able to apply for a second job where his friend, Virgil works. Virgil has a group of friends and Roman had managed to be included in their group. Patton was a sweetie and Logan as mysterious. Roman was just happy to have people who love him after his parents have died. But he knows they're happy together... somehwere...

June 4th 2007. Graduation at last! He was held back a year because of late enrollment but that's cool. Virgil And Logan had already graduated a year before, leaving Patton and Roman in the dust. But that's okay because they had eachother! ...And Remy and Emile and DeeDee. They met new junior friends during their senior year. Even so, it didn't stop Roman from missing Virgil and Logan. It didn't stop the stress of an after school job and school just to pay off his apartment. He should really look for better employment now that he doesn't have school to weigh him down.

June 4th 2008. Patton and DeeDee got married last month. Emile is working on college while Remy is trying to build a fashion brand. Virgil moved away to study abroad in Europe. The only person who still is around is Logan. He goes to the local community college where he has dual hours to become a professor there. He's the only person Roman can really talk to often and hang out with. Roman still doesn't have the money or time to do anything he wants to do at all. No pets... no Theater... Just a tiny apartment and three part time jobs.

June 4th 2010. First birthday while he's together with Logan. They started dating in October after the Halloween Party where everybody got together. Logan only had one more year of college before he can secure a job and then start his life. Roman happily patiently waits for him. Only one more year to live in that nasty apartment and save as much money as possible. Then they can both start doing what they love! For Roman, it's Theater. For Logan, it's Math. Roman would have never got through Geometry without Logan!

June 4th 2011. Roman had secured his first major role in the local theater this year and had gotten a really good job at the music store/recording studio. He teaches kids how to play any kind of guitar, ukulele, and piano. Since he's always in a recording studio, he had been able to write some original songs and get a YouTube channel going. He also does the occasional jingle for Logan's math class. He ended up teaching a Highschool Geometry class. Learning stuff in the class was hard! Good thing Logan had Roman's catchy beats to help! Roman had never been happier. He had bought a ring and today, on his birthday, he planned to propose.

June 4th 2013. Roman And Logan have been thinking about this for a long time... finally they have reached an agreement. Sometime before August they will adopt a child or two to give them a happy home. Roman had been pushing for a dog too, but Logan keeps brushing it off. He's worried about the finances, but Roman doesnt mind going back to Burger King and begging for an extra shift again. He worked there when he was a teen so why not now? His original music had started to kick off and he has people requesting his music on Spotify, ITunes, and Google Play. Finances aren't stuff to worry about for him any more!

June 4th 2014. The kids have just gotten out of school. They have three cats and a tarantula at request of their eldest son: Phoenix. Luka, their younger son, adores the cats and is an absolute delight to teach. Logan had already taught him the fundementals of Calculis and he's only leaving seventh grade! It's amazing. Logan was always insecure about being a dad, but now here he is: being the best dad. Roman had never been more proud to have a family. If only his parents could see how good he was doing. Would they be proud of him? 

June 4th 2017. Phoenix is moving out and graduating. Roman agreed to help him back, since he's going to school in Louisiana for some reason, but he doesn't want him to go. He leaves in exactly a month for orientation. Luka had been partaking in the school's soccer team though! Logan had gotten promoted as the high school's assistant Principal. He's very happy about that. An old friend Emile came back and became the school's councilor which is nice. Patton had also sent a mystery email earlier in the year to their surprise. It's nice to have friends trying to reconnect.

June 4th 2018. Roman and Logan had adopted another baby girl named Elizabeth. Nobody wanted her because she was trans, but that simply didn't sit right. Roman wouldn't allow it! This year the family took a trip to New York and Roman went to see the 9/11 monuments made. He found his parents' names on the wall. It was supposed to rain that Day, but it ended up sunny. No matter how much Logan debated against the idea, Roman firmly believed that it was his parents' doing. They were giving him the sunshine in the rain to protect him and his family. They would have been amazing grandparents. Roman was extra clingy to Logan then.

June 4th 2019. Today is his birthday. Luka and Elizabeth had both gone out to the neighborhood pool to go be kids while they still can. It was just Roman and Logan. Roman had taken a little bit too long of a nap after the morning's killer workout of the day to see Logan cooking! Logan normally is the worst chef ever, but here his darling little nerd was! It wasnt a nutritious lunch like he'd always pester the house to eat, no. It was chocolate chip pancakes! Logan smiled and kissed Roman on the cheek. It's okay to splurge on special occasions, right? Absolutely! Even though the pancakes were burnt, Roman loved them anyways. Almost as much as he loved Logan.

Look at where he is. Look at how far he's come. Anyone would be proud of a man with such vigor and determination. We're all proud of you, Roman Sanders.

1280 Words

Never give up! I believe in you! You got this! Just DO IT!!! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!!! JUST!!! DO!!! IT!!!!

Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva