Labor

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and commenting! Hope you guys enjoy!!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya winced as she placed a hand on her bulging stomach. She had been having sharp pains all morning since Josh had left for work. She was about eight and a half months pregnant and wasn't due for another two weeks. But it seemed as if the baby had other plans.

So far the contractions were bearable. They weren't  too close together, and her water had not broke yet. So she figured that she was in pretty good shape for right now.

She had called her doctor, and she told Maya that there was no need to panic and rush to the hospital at the moment. Wait until the contractions were at least ten minutes apart or until her water broke.

Her doctor hadn't given her a reason to not trust her yet, so she didn't question anything that she told Maya. Unlike Josh, who questioned everything the doctor said.

It wasn't that he didn't trust her, this new dad thing was a lot to take in. He had been having more worries and panic than Maya had through the whole thing. Which was funny to her, because Josh was not an overly panicked person.

For example, Maya could only imagine how he would react if she were to call him right now and tell him that she was almost in labor. He would flip out, especially when she told him that she had been having contractions all morning.

Shaking her head out of these thoughts, she winced again and let out a moan as the pain was a little harsher this time around, and closer to the last. A knock on the door caused her to look up. Thankfully the pain eased after a few seconds so she was able to walk to the door and answer it.

"Hey peaches!" Riley greeted as she and Kaylee (her and Lucas's two year old) walked in the door.

"Where's Carter?" Maya asked. Carter was their six month old son. Riley chuckled.

"He's with mom. Kaylee had a doctors appointment earlier today and it's easier for mom to watch him then to bring him along." She said.

"Oh yeah? How did that go?" Maya asked. Riley nodded her head as she placed Kaylee down in the playpen that Josh had just put together for their baby and was sitting in the middle of the living room, waiting to be moved.

"It was fine. Just a check up, so nothing too big." She replied as she stood up and turned around to face Maya. Her eyebrows narrowed as she watched her best friend cautiously. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Maya had winced again and closed her eyes tight as she placed a hand on her stomach again. Her lips were pursed and her whole body was stiff.

"Yeah." She forced out. "Yeah, I'm fine." The pain subsided only slightly, allowing her to take a deep breath and open her eyes again, looking over at Riley.

"Are you having contractions!" Riley gasped out as she immediately started towards her best friend.

"Yeah, but my doctor said as long as they weren't close together then I'm okay. If they get to where they're ten minutes apart or my water breaks then I should head to the-" she cut herself off as a big contraction hit her, the most painful one so far. Then suddenly, her water broke.

"You were saying?" Riley asked her sarcastically. She suddenly grabbed her keys that she had just set down and walked over to grab Kaylee. "I'm taking you to the hospital." Riley said. Maya shook her head.

"I can't- I'm not- wait on Josh." Maya gasped through the pain. Riley shook her head. 

"I'll call Josh and have him meet us at the hospital." Riley told her. Maya wasn't in any shape to protest as Riley started leading her out towards her car.