Anniversary

Maya looked at the weather channel with a frown on her face.

Tomorrow was her and Josh's one year anniversary. They had made plans to spend it together once he got back from Philly from visiting his parents for the weekend. The only problem was Philly had a foot of snow on the ground and the weather channel was saying that roads were too dangerous for anyone to be out on.

Maya clutched  her cell phone in her hands hoping that Josh would call her and tell her that he had left Philly before things got too bad. But knowing that she hadn't gotten a call yet, that probably wasn't the case.

"Maya, you've been sitting there for two hours. Get up, go see if Riley wants to hang out." Katy told her daughter as her and Shawn came into the living room.

"Have you heard from Josh by any chance?" She asked her step father. Shawn gave her a sad smile.

"Sorry Kiddo, if there was anyone that Josh would call it would be you." He told her. Maya sighed knowing that he was right.

"This just in: Anyone who is in the Philly area or is planning on going to Philly sometime within the next few days, might want to change their plans. There will be snow all week and not a day of sunshine until next Tuesday. The roads are being closed down as authorities have announced that it is too dangerous for anyone to be driving. This is Samantha Walsh bringing you your six o'clock news."

Maya looked down in disappointment as she listened to what the news had to say.

"I'm sorry, baby girl. I know how much you and Josh were looking forward to celebrating together." Katy said. Maya just nodded her head as she looked down. Shawn came and sat down on the couch with her.

"How about we take you out to dinner tomorrow night." He suggested. "I know it wont be the same, but maybe it will get your mind off of things. We can go wherever you want." He told her. Maya looked at him with a frown on her face.

"Rent a plane and go to Philly?" She asked him. Shawn smiled at her.

"I'll see if my private jet can be filled up." He told her sarcastically. Maya chuckled as she leaned into Shawn.

"Thanks for the offer, but I probably wont feel like doing much of anything tomorrow." She told them. Just then her ringtone for Josh went off and she snapped her head down to her phone.

"We'll leave you to it." Katy told her as she grabbed Shawn's hand and they made their way out of the room. Maya took a deep breath before she answered the phone.

"Hey." She breathed out.

"Hey, baby." His voice came through the phone. Even when she was feeling down, just the sound of his voice put a smile on her face. "Did you watch the news?" He asked her. His voice seeping with disappointment.

"Yeah. I did. I'm sorry you couldn't make it back." She told him.

"Not half as sorry as I am. I had the whole day planned." He admitted. Maya smiled sadly. Josh had wanted to surprise her with everything and take her out for their anniversary. He had been so excited about it, and driving her crazy with how secretive he was keeping everything.

"Well maybe we can celebrate when you get back. I know it wont be the same but at least we'll have something to look forward to." Maya told him. Josh was quite for a second before taking a deep breath.

"Right now, all I want is to be in your arms." Josh said with seriousness.

Josh never got cliché and sappy like that unless he just really didnt feel good, or he was stressed and he really needed Maya.