Road trip

School has started back for me so updates are going to be a little harder to do now. But I will try to get them to you as soon as possible.
________________________
Josh put the last bag that was sitting on the side walk in his car. He was parked right outside of Maya's apartment waiting for her to get done inside so they could leave.

It was the summer before Maya was going to college and instead of going to NYU like everyone thought she was, Maya was going to school somewhere up in Queens. Not to far away for it to be an emotional goodbye but far enough to where everyone wanted to spend time with her before she left. Especially Josh.

"I take it that you're going to take good care of my daughter, right Josh?" Katy asked as her and Shawn were standing outside in their bath robes with coffee in their hands.

"Absolutely Mrs. Hunter. You don't have to worry I wouldn't let anything happen to Maya." Josh answered making her smile.

Since Maya was now eighteen and graduated, Shawn and Katy gave permission for Josh to take Maya around Philadelphia on a road trip before school started. Josh had been having this planned for months and couldn't wait to show Maya everything. It's the first time that they will ever really be alone together since Josh asked her out. It took all Maya had to say no to Riley when she assumed she was going on the trip with Maya and Josh.

"Maya should be down any second. I'm pretty sure she is packing up the entire bathroom." Shawn said making Katy playfully shove him and Josh laugh.

A few minutes later Maya came outside with a little to go bag filled with bathroom supplies. She tossed it to Josh who tossed it in the back of his car and shut the door while going around and opening the passenger side for Maya.

"Have fun baby girl." Katy said as she pulled Maya into a hug.

"But not to much fun. And remember to call every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to bed." Shawn said as Maya pulled away from Katy and then hugged Shawn.

"I'm only going to be gone for two weeks. I'll be back before you notice." Maya said smiling. They all said their final goodbyes before Maya went over to the passenger side and got in allowing josh to close the door afterwards.

"Bye guys." Josh said as he jogged around and hugged the two adults before getting in the drivers side and pulling out and onto the road.

"You think they'll be okay?" Katy asked as they waved at them as Josh rolled the car down the road. Shawn smiled.

"It's Josh and Maya, of course they will be okay." Katy smiled and kissed him before they both headed inside.
~
"I can't believe they are finally letting us do this." Maya said her smile never leaving her face as she looked out the window. Josh glanced at her for a second before looking back at the road and smiling.

"We're adults now Maya. We can do whatever we want together." Josh said as he squeezed her hand that was currently intwined with his and laying on her lap. Josh had his other hand on the wheel. Maya smirked and looked at him.

"Yeah I guess we could. We could even get married on this trip and nobody would have to no." Maya exclaimed making Josh chuckled and shake his head.

"No." He said before squeezing her hand again. "But someday, maybe." He finished smiling at her while she bit her lip and blushed.

"So where are you taking me first?" Maya asked making Josh's face turn from calm to excitement.

"Well, I was thinking breakfast first and then maybe we can go hiking. There is this trail that my dad use to take me to every month. We would go and hike and then we would sit on the top of the mountain eating lunch while talking about sports. Sometimes one of my other siblings would go with us, but mostly it just use to be me and him." Josh explained with a remembrance look on his face making Maya smile at his happiness.