Hurricane

So this is not really like girl meets hurricane but I thought I would name this chapter hurricane because it just seemed to fit this chapter. Also I am now taking requests so message me if you guys have one that you would like me to do.
----------------------------------------------
Broken. An emotion that Maya thought she had gotten over, now that's all she felt. She never had a relationship with Kermit and she didn't want to, but right now, in this particular moment, she wished she had.

"Maya." Josh spoke softly as he entered their room. Maya turned away from the mirror on her dresser and faced her husband of just a few months. "It's time to go or we're gonna be late." Maya nodded her head as she turned back around smoothing out her black dress and grabbing the locket her mom gave her.

"Can you put this on me, please?" She asked her husband as her voice cracked from the obvious crying she had been doing. Josh came up behind her and snapped the locket in place. He pulled her hair out and put it over the chain as he looked in the mirror and saw her face. He put his arms around her waist and kissed the top of her head.

"Everything is going to be ok. I won't leave your side." He spoke in a whisper as he leaned down and kissed her neck. Maya nodded her head and grabbed his hand leading him out the door.
~
"Maya! Thank you so much for coming, honey. Kermit would have wanted you here." Maya's step mom hugged Maya and left a kiss on her cheek.

"Hi, Maria." Maya spoke as she smiled slightly keeping  her voice barely above a whisper.

"Josh, it's nice to see you again." Maria hugged Josh and stepped back to take in both him and Maya together.

"We're so sorry for your loss, Mrs. Hart." Josh said as he fell back beside Maya and put his arm around her waist.

"Thank you, Josh I appreciate that." She smiled sadly. "Excuse me, please." She spoke as she saw some other people that had come in. Josh leaned over and kissed Maya's temple.

"You doing ok?" He asked against her head. Maya closed her eyes and nodded.

"I am as long as I have you by my side." Josh smiled and led her to a seat in the back of the church where she had requested to sit earlier.
~
The funeral was over and Maya was now standing by her self at the burial site starring down at the casket that had been lifted down into it a few hours prior. Everyone had already gone home including Maria and her kids. Throughout the entire day Maya had a blank expression on her face. Josh had tried to get her to talk to him in the car when they were headed to the burial ceremony but all she did was stare out the window while holding his hand. She never cried, until now.

Josh came up beside her and put his arm around her shoulders. "Are you alright?" He asked looking over at her. Maya hesitated but then shook her head while the tears started to come down faster.

"I shouldn't be crying right now. He left us not the other way around. I shouldn't care this much." Maya spoke in a whisper. Josh pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead while she cried into his chest.

"It just means you have a heart that cares for people even after they hurt you so much. That's one of the many reasons why I love you so much." Josh said as Maya cried harder.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to get over this." Maya said as she held him tighter.

"You will." Josh said as he rubbed her back. Maya sniffled.

"How can you be so sure?" She asked. Josh smiled.

"Because after every hurricane comes a rainbow."
----------------------------------------------