'I love you"

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing y'all's feedback and hearing what you have to say after and during the chapter! Enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Falling in love sounded so hard. Sounded like it was such an impossible move as people told you countless stories about how you'd know when you found the right person. How you wouldn't remember life before that person once they came into your life.

They gave such ridiculously high expectations when they told you that once you fall in love that there was no turning back. That you would happily give your life for that person in a heartbeat, how nothing else mattered when you were with them.

Joshua Matthews grew up with all kinds of tales and fables when it came to love. He loved to hear about how his brother and sister in law came to fall in love, how they knew from such a young age that they were it for one another. He always dreamed of finding his 'Topanga' just like Cory had told him.

He watched their relationship as he grew up, he heard all the stories and watched the home videos from when they were young. He wanted what they had, that was his deepest desire. He wanted to fall in love with someone, and have that someone love him just as much as Cory and Topanga did.

Maya Hunter grew up believing that love was real for some people, others just weren't lucky enough to have that. She didnt believe that she was good enough to have someone love her-and God help the person that she was supposed to love. She was no good. A bad seed. She didnt deserve what her friends did.

Both were complete opposite's. One was looking for love in every corner of his life, the other one wasn't looking for love at all and even ignoring it when it came towards her. Both never realizing that love was right under their nose the entire time.

Maya had always been just a girl to him. She was Riley's best friend, she was like another niece/sister to him. Josh had always been more of a fantasy for her. Never believing that it would happen for them. Never believing that he could ever be with someone like her.

Maya had never believed in love. She never believed that it could happen for her, she never let herself dream about a white dress, a wedding, kids. She never let herself believe that she could be happy. Until she met Josh. The only guy she felt was worth believing in. The only guy she would allow herself to dream of. But as he had reminded her so many times before, he was just a fantasy.

At time went on, countless of failed relationships taught Josh experience. After a long talk with Cory, he decided that maybe he needed to slow down and let love come to him instead of him going out and seeking it. A certain blond caught his attention.

He watched her grow up, he watched her as she made sacrifices for her friends and family, he watched as she put others before herself. He watched her go through pain when it came to her past, watched as she put her happiness behind her and focused on others.

He felt a drop in his stomach that he couldn't explain when she talked to other guys. Felt his heart stop when he watched her cry, cried with her when he watched her let opportunities pass her by so that others could be happy instead of her. Distanced himself from her when he realized that his feelings were changing.

The more she grew, the more he watched. The more he distanced himself, the more she noticed. Neither one of them could explain to you why they were drawn to the other one. Neither one understood themselves how suddenly all those emotions that everyone told them they would feel had suddenly started to keep them up at night.

How both of them started putting the other one before them, how they knew that when it came down to it they would rather die than lose the other one. How they knew that they wouldn't be able to find anyone else that came remotely close to making them feel the same way they do right now when they looked at each other.

Her eighteenth birthday came and it was like a dam that had been holding both of their emotions enclosed suddenly broke and everything came flowing out like a river. They were no longer able to hide it, neither of them wanted to hide it. They needed one another.

Those stories and those fables had all suddenly seemed to be real. The way they felt when they held each other, when they kissed, when they looked each other in the eyes. They couldn't stop it, they couldn't ignore or deny it.

How suddenly she was now believing that she deserved to be happy, how she deserved to be loved and love someone else. How she believed that love was for everyone, especially her. She believed that she was special, he had helped her move on from her insecurities and her past. How she believed that she no longer had to let her past defy who she was going to be and how she lived her life.

How suddenly he was now seeing her everywhere he went. How he no longer had eyes for any of the other girls that would walk past him and talk to him wherever he went. How he was now seeing her face in all his dreams of weddings and children. How he was no longer looking for love, because love had found him.

How suddenly they both found themselves not being able to remember a life without the other one. Not wanting to ever go back and have to find out.

"I love you." He spoke softly as he looked down into her eyes and creased her cheek. Her hair blowing in the wind as they stopped walking in the sand and let the sunset reflect on their faces. The oceans waves sounding in the background.

"I love you, too." She spoke even softer and her hands creased his forearms where her hands were resting as they continued to gaze at each other. Both looking at one another as if they were each others whole world. Never wanting the moment to end, never wanting to know a life without the other.

As he pulled her in his arms and she snuggled into him. Their arms around each other and her head resting in his neck. They both sighed in contentment as they knew that they had found and shared a love that was their own.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Potential story, let me know what you think. Thanks for reading!!