What a cute couple

"Of all the places in New York City, and I just had to run into you." Maya's head whipped around to look and grinned at the familiar voice that spoke behind her.

"Oh the horror." She spoke sarcastically. "Are you stalking me, Matthews? Are you going to force me go get a restraining order?" Josh shrugged his shoulders as he came closer towards her.

"Stalking you?" He questioned with a cheeky grin, his hands shoved into his pockets. "How do I know you don't have a tracking device implanted into my neck. That seems like the sort of obsessive thing you would do. Following me around my City."

"Your city?" Maya gave him a pointed look. "Oh contraire, this is my city, boing. Perhaps that makes you the obsessive scientist that has implanted the chip inside me." Maya tilted her head back so she could look up at him. She felt her stomach flutter with those familiar butterflies whenever she saw that gleam in her eye.

"At last, you figured it out." He tutted himself. "I took you back to my evil lair in Philadelphia and let the monster inside of me out. It gets irritated when I don't let it out every once in a while. All of that built up tension does nothing good."

"I suppose you'll have to do a better job at reigning it in." Maya gave him a certain look. Josh bit his lip as he tried to Will the redness to away from his face. 

"So what is the lovely damsel doing out in the City by herself?" He asked as he tilted his head. Maya snorted.

"My Prince failed his duty to come save me from my tower, so I decided to save myself." She stated. "You've let the monster take too much control. I had to climb out my window all by my little self." Maya teased him.

"My sincerest apologies, princess. I shall make it a rule not to ever let that happen again." Maya rolled her eyes as she wrapped her arms tighter around herself in spite of the cold bitter wind in New York.

"I'm running a couple of errands for my mom. Shawn's out of town and she's too busy at the cafe to be able do it herself." Maya relented. Josh went back and forth on the balls of his feet.

"Mind some company?" Josh asked. Maya raised an eyebrow as she glanced over at him.

"Don't you have your own stuff to do out here in the city?" Maya asked. "Unless you really do have a tracking device planted in me." Josh rolled his eyes.

"Yep. Absolutely." Josh deadpanned. Maya chuckled.

"And I thought I was the crazy one out of the two of us." Maya sighed. The light for pedestrians on the crosswalk came on and Maya started walking. "Go away, Josh." Maya said lightly. "I've been roaming the city by myself long before you came along."

"Maybe it's me who needs the protection. Haven't you ever thought about that?" He asked her. Maya snorted.

"And how much training have you had in martial arts?" She asked him rhetorically.

"And how many street fights have you been in?" He retorted. Maya grinned at him.

"Touché." She stated. "And I wouldn't call them fights, more like confrontations. And that was a long time ago." Josh grinned at her as they finished walking across the street and got right back on the sidewalk.

"I'll make you a deal," Josh started. "You let me accompany you on your errands and I'll take you back to my dorm room tonight.

"Oh?" Mayas voice was full of suggestions as she turned to face him with a smirk on her face. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Not like that." He told her. "My friends and I are having a small get together back in my room. Andrews idea. And well, I don't really want to be the only one there without someone else. Everyone's partnered up."