Coming home late

Does anyone have the power to make themselves appear anytime anywhere? Because if so then I would really like it if someone could come and explain algebra to me 😩. Anyway here's the next one shot!
______________________
Maya sighed as she read the text from her husband of just a few weeks. Her and Josh had gotten married earlier that month and had gone on a two week honeymoon. After they got back Josh had to start working late on some nights so he could catch up on all of the work that he had missed, tonight was one of those nights.

Maya set her phone down on the counter as she finished eating her dinner as she herself had just gotten done grading her students art projects from that day. She looked at the time and realized that it was almost nine and Josh wouldn't be home until midnight. So she got up and put the lest over spaghetti in the fridge and decided to call it a night. Normally she would wait up on Josh but tonight she barely had enough energy to change out of her work clothes.

It was about ten minutes past midnight when Josh quietly opened the door to his and Maya's apartment. He noticed that all the lights were off except for a little lamp beside their coffee table that Maya had grown habit of leaving on for Josh to turn off when he came in late.

Josh put his stuff down on the couch not even bothering to look back at it as he turned off the lamp and made his way into his and Maya's bedroom. He quietly shut the door as he came into the room when he noticed that Maya was asleep. He changed into some sweat pants and climbed into bed wrapping his arms around her from behind while leaving tiny kisses on her shoulder and making his way up her neck.

"Well hello to you too." Maya said as she immediately awoke when she felt Josh's arms around her. Josh smiled as snuggled his head into her neck.

"I missed you tonight. Getting home to you was all that I could think about." He spoke making her smile through her sleepiness.

"Good. That means I'm doing my job as a wife." She replied making Josh chuckle.

"Yeah well. At Least one of us is doing our jobs when it comes to out marriage." Josh said. Maya narrowed her eye brows at his comment and turned around in his arms to look at him.

"Baby what are you talking about?" Maya asked. Josh sighed as he began to trace patterns on her arm.

"I just figured that if I'm not working all the time then maybe I could at least do better as a husband. We're not even a month into our marriage and I'm already failing." Maya could hear and see the heart brake in his eyes which made her heart brake.

"Josh, you are not failing. Failing as a husband is what you would call laying on the couch drunk all the time and your wife having to work two jobs just to be able to pay the mortgage. That's what you would call a failing husband." Maya said making Josh look down at his hands.

"I just feel like I should be here more often with you. I have had a lot of friends who have gotten a divorce early because they weren't able to spend enough time with their wife because of work. I just don't want that to happen to us." Josh explained making Maya shake her head.

"And it won't. You're not the only one that is in this marriage, Josh. It takes two to make a marriage work, and two to break it apart. As long as you and I love each other there ain't nothing that can tear us apart." Josh chuckled and nodded his head.

"I love you so much." He told her making her face turn from serious to a smile.

"I love to too." She replied as she leaned in for a kiss.

"I'll tell you what. You pick a day that we can spend together just the two of us." Josh said making Maya put on a teasing/thinking face.

"Well, tomorrow is Saturday. You and I don't have to be at work until mid afternoon." Maya said as she trailed off to look at Josh to see if he was catching on. She rubbed her hand across his chest at Josh smirked.

"Why Mrs. Matthews! I do believe you are trying to seduce me." Josh teasingly gasped. Making Maya giggle.

"Well now that all depends." She said making Josh raise his eye brow at her. "How late would you be willing to stay up tonight?" Maya asked making throw his head back and laugh.

"Marriage has brought out a dark said in you." Josh said looking into her eyes. Maya out on a sassy face.

"Are you complaining?" She asked as she retracted her hand. "Because I could always just, you know..." She said trailing off as she rolled off of Josh and onto her side of the bed acting like she was going to go back to sleep.

"Yeah right." Josh scoffed as he rolled on top of her, smiling as she giggle at him.
________________________
That was a nice little cute one shot for ya. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go stab my math book with a knife.