Inappropriate clothing

This is just a fun cute little one that I came up with. I promise it's not as ignorant as you might think.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What is she wearing!" Josh's voice caused Maya to practically jump out of her skin when she heard him from behind her. She turned from her canvas to look up at her husband who had his arms crossed and looking very anxious.

"What is who wearing?" Maya asked.

"Our daughter." He replied. Maya looked confused as she looked over Josh's shoulder to outside of the garage door at their kids who were currently playing in the back yard. Her eyes landed on their oldest who was swinging their youngest.

"What do you mean what is she wearing? She's wearing clothes." Maya told him.

"No. No she's not. In fact, I would say she's wearing the opposite of clothes." Josh said. Maya observed their daughters attire. Trying hard to figure out what about her outfit seemed to trigger him.

"Josh, I really don't see what the big deal is." Maya told him.

"Maya, she's wearing shorts." He stated. Maya stared at him. "Shorts. Above the knee."

"Oh how dare she." Maya told him sarcastically. Josh scoffed. Maya rolled her eyes and put her brush down.

"Who gave her permission to wear shorts?" He asked.

"Josh, those are literally the same pair of shorts she wore last week that you said she looked cute in." Maya told him.

"Well that was last week. Last week I must have not been in my right mind. But this week I've had my coffee and I'm as fresh as a daisy and can tell that those shorts are not appropriate for her to be wearing." Josh stated. Maya made a face.

"Oh God, you sound like your brother." Maya shuttered.

"I'm being serious, Maya." Josh said.

"So am I. And I think you're being just a bit over dramatic. Those shorts are not any shorter than what she usually wears. They're just shorts, Joshua." Maya told him.

"They are not just shorts. They are the first step to some guy reaching over and touching her or making some type of remark-" Maya abruptly turned around on him causing him to stop talking.

"I see, this is about the boy that's coming over for dinner tonight." Maya stated.

"She's too young to be dating. She's only thirteen years old. And she is definitely not wearing those to dinner tonight." Josh listed off on his fingers. Maya smiled at her husband as she shook her head.

"The date isn't even a real date. It's dinner here with us where you and I will be supervising. Then they're just going up to her room to study afterwards." Maya told him. Josh opened his mouth to respond. "With the door open." Maya cut him off. "Those shorts aren't any different to the ones I used to wear when I was her age."

"I know." Josh stated. Maya raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"Maya, I know how teen boys minds work. I was a teen boy. I used to stare at girls legs and talk about them afterwards to my friends. Why do you think I always loved when you wore shorts like that back when we were dating? Hell, even before we were dating it was always hard to keep my eyes off of you." Maya smiled.

"And yet you didn't ever try to make a remark or grab me inappropriately. Believe me, I tried my whole teen years trying to get you to." Maya stated. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Because I was raised right." Josh told her, ignoring the last remark she made. "I was raised to respect woman's bodies and to keep it in my pants."

"Are you implying that this kid wasn't raised just like you were?" Maya asked.

"Maya, we have no idea who this kid is. This is the first time meeting him."

"Which is why we are meeting him. To get to know him and see how well he treats Addy. There is nothing wrong with what she is wearing and you will not say anything to her. You're going to be on your best behavior tonight and afterwards I'll reward you." Maya told him as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"I thought we agreed not to take the kids side over each other." Josh pouted.

"Only when you're not being unreasonable." Maya countered. "This is her first real crush, Josh. Don't go all overprotective father on her." Josh sighed as he rubbed up and down her sides. "There is nothing wrong with what she is wearing. If he were to do something towards her and she in no way initiated it than that's on him. Not on her."

"Then I can go all protective father?" Josh questioned.

"Yes. Then you can go all protective father." Maya agreed. Josh bit his lip as he looked back out over at their daughter and then back to Maya.

"Being a father to a teenager is tough." He told her. Maya smiled.

"Well, I think you're doing a really great job." Maya complimented him. "And considering she's a teenager and still runs and hugs you every time you come home from work, I think she would agree."

"Thanks for talking me down." He told her.

"Thanks for not leaving."

They started at each other for a moment before Josh pulled her into a hug, kissing the top of her head.

"Yuck!" Their youngest shouted as he pointed.

"Yuck." Josh mocked him, causing him to giggle and take off running with Josh running after him.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading.