"Mama's song"

So I'm a bit of a Carrie Underwood fan. This is more Maya and Katy centered but I promise there is joshaya in it.
_______________________________
Mama you taught me to do the right things, and now it's time to let your baby fly.

For as long as I can remember it was always just my mom and I. And I remember that when even though she was doing it alone, she was still the best mom that I could ever wish for. She always taught me right from wrong and always made sure that I knew how to tell the difference. After what happened with my real dad one of the things that she really cracked down on was how a man should treat a woman. She wanted me to learn so I didn't make the same mistake she made. Now that I've found that man it's been a little hard for my mom to let go.

You've given me everything that I will need to make it through this crazy thing called life.

I remember right after Josh and I started dating, my mom and I had a long talk about my feelings for him and where it would lead. She gave me the most amazing advise and had answers for all the hypothetical situations that I threw at her. After her and Shawn got together, she also taught me what it meant to be a good wife. I learned everything I needed to know about marriage and making it on my own through her.

And I know you watched me grow up and only want what's best for me and I think I found the answer to your prayers.

It's not that mom wasn't excited when Josh proposed. It's just that after what happened with her she didn't want me to suffer the same fate. It took both Shawn and me to convince her that Josh wasn't anything like Kermit. But I think after watching Josh and I together for so long and the way that he treated me, she soon realized that for herself.

In Fact I can remember a few.

And he is good, so good. He treats your little girl like a real man should.

Like the first time we ever went out with my parents.

"After you." Josh said as he opened my car door for me and then later the restaurant door. He never walked In front of me leaving me behind, he walked a little behind me and always made sure to stay by my side and keep a hand on me at all times.

"Wow Josh I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen a gentleman at such a young age." Mom complimented him as she watched him pull out my chair for me and waited until I sat down before scooting it back up.

"Thanks you Mrs. Hunter. My dad taught me at a young age that when you find someone you truly love then you treat her like she was the most precious thing in the entire universe."

And he is good, yes so good. He makes promises he keeps no he's never gonna leave.

Or this one time where Josh had promised to be at my birthday party and ended up getting there a little late.

"Maya?" Mom called as I turned my attention away from Riley to her. "Where's Josh? I thought he promised to be here." She asked me. I looked around the room and sighed.

"He said he would be here, he might just be running a little late." I reassured her.

"You think he'll be here?" She asked again. I gave her a strange look as Shawn sighed and rubbed her shoulder.

"Of course he'll be here. Josh never makes a promise to me unless he knows he can keep it." And right when I said that here came my boyfriend trotting in with a present in his hand.