Snowball fights

Hey everyone! Hope you guys enjoy this next chapter!! Thanks for reading!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya breathed in her hands as she walked down the street towards her best friends apartment. It was unbelievably cold out and there was at least three inches of snow on the ground and still flurrying.

Her gloved were not helping her at all as she had just decided to take them and shove them in her jacket pockets. She tugged the beanie she was wearing further down her head to cover her ears.

Well... it wasn't her beanie, she had stolen it from her boyfriend a couple of weeks ago during one of their long nights in his dorm room. But she had claimed it now, and he hadn't tried to steal it back, so it was pretty safe to say that it was hers now. Besides, he only had about a million of them. He could go without one.

Thinking about it with a smile on her face, Maya walked around the corner of where Riley's apartment was, only to be met with something wet and hard slammed into her face.

She stopped walking abruptly as her eyes closed as the bitter cold slapped her in the face. She heard quiet laughing over in the corner of where she was standing. She opened her eyes and looked over and saw her boyfriend along with Auggie.

"Joshua Matthews." She stated, although she couldn't keep the amusement out of her tone. "Did you just-" another snowball to the face cut her off from her sentence.

Harder laughter rung out from Auggie as Josh winked at her and was already gathering another snowball into his hands. Maya shook the snow out of her hair and snapped her head over towards him.

"Do it again, I dare-" another snowball was thrown, but this time she ducked. "You're so dead!" She yelled. She gathered a snowball of her own, came up from the ground and threw it as hard as she could.

With incredible accuracy, the snowball hit Josh right in the face. Auggie laughed harder at his uncle as he closed his eyes and froze as the snowball hit him. Maya smirked at him.

Josh opened his eyes and Maya winked at him. Her hands on her hips. The two of them stared at each other. Josh took a deep breath, and suddenly as it both of them had the same idea, they both took off to the ground and started gathering as many snowballs as they could.

"To war!!" Auggie shouted as he too bent down and started gathering snowballs in his hand.

Josh and Maya were ducking and blocking each other's attacks. Laughing and shrieking as one of them got hit.

"This is payback for stealing my beanie!" Josh yelled at her as he threw another one and got her right in the side of the face.

"Like you don't have enough!" Maya yelled back at him. She threw one and hit Josh right in the back as he bent down to pick up another snowball.

Thankfully there weren't a lot of people out on the street where they were throwing snowballs at each other, because it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have a snowball fight with people waking and driving by.

Suddenly, Maya got hit in the face with a snowball that wasn't from Josh. She froze and her eyes went wide as she looked over.

"Auggie!" She yelled. Josh high-fived him before he got shocked in the face with a snowball that wasn't from Maya. He too froze before snapping his head over.

"Like I would let the two of you ambush my best friend!" Riley yelled out. Her and Lucas were standing there with smiles on their faces. Josh and Maya shared a look with each other before everyone broke out in another snowball fight.

There were laughter and shrieks everywhere. It got to the point where it was every person for themselves and everyone was throwing snowballs in every direction.

Maya had just got Lucas right in the face when she felt herself being lifted off the ground. She screamed before she and the person who had picked her up had fallen down on the ground into the snow.

Maya opened her eyes and looked up to see Josh staring down at her from above. She felt butterflies in her stomach as she looked at him before it was interrupted when a snowball got thrown directly in her face.

"That is totally cheating!" She squealed. She kept her eyes closed as she heard his laughter from above her. Then she felt her cheeks warm up as he leaned down and gave her a kiss.

All protests left Maya's lips as his slammed on hers. It was bitter cold, and she was shivering in her now wet clothes. But even she couldn't deny his warmth as she felt tingles that she was pretty sure wasn't from the cold.

When they pulled back, Maya did her best to give him a glare.

"I'm wet because of you." She stated. A hint of a smirk came onto his face.

"I thought I always made you that way." He stated lowly. Maya grabbed a fistful of snow and hit him in the face with it. His eyes closed again and he spat out the snow from his mouth.

"Watch your mouth." She teased with a small smirk. Although, Maya was the type of girl that really didn't mind that kind of talk. Just not in front of family and friends.

"Uncle Josh! Help!" Auggie's small voice came out. Both Maya and Josh looked over and saw that Auggie was being teamed up on by Riley and Lucas.

"Back to the base, young soldier! We must come up with a battle plan!" Josh called out. He pulled his head back to Maya, gave her a wink and stole another kiss before getting off of her. He helped her up before taking off towards where Auggie was. Both of them running off towards a small wall that they had built out of snow and diving behind it.

Maya laughed as she watched her goofball of a boyfriend, always amazed how he could be so mature and still have that inner kid spirit that he can tap into at anytime.

One thing was for sure, she was incredibly lucky.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!!