Christmas Traditions

Gentle tugs woke her up at eight in the morning on a Saturday. Her eyes flickered open and she took a moment to take in her surroundings before she turned over to at the disturbance beside her.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Her husband beamed at her from his side of the bed. "Breakfast is in ten minutes. And then I've got the whole day planned for us." Maya blinked at him a few times before looking over at the clock on her bedside table.

"But it's not noon yet." She stated.

"What?" He chuckled. She shifted back over on her side.

"On Saturdays we wake up at noon." She snuggled back up to her pillow and pulled the covers back over her shoulders. She could feel the pull of sleep welcoming her back when she felt the bed shift and arms wrap around her.

For a moment, she thought he may have given up and decided to go back to bed as well. But then she felt the ticklish sensation of his nose grazing over her neck. "Josh," she whined. Her voice filled with sleep.

"Time to wake up." He told her softly. His hand grazed over her side from over the covers and she shivered lightly before turning around and snuggling into him instead of her pillow.

"It's too early." She said as she rested her face in the crook of his neck. "I don't like early."

"You'll like today's early." He smiled as she gripped onto his shirt with her hands.

"Five more minutes." She mumbled as she pecked the side of his neck and calmed down again. His hands found their way under the covers and to her sides where he jammed them into her ribcage. "Josh!" She squealed as he continued to tickle her.

"No five minutes." He laughed. "Five minutes will turn into ten, and ten into fifteen." He stopped tickling her, and she was now straddling his waist, her arms coming up his chest and to his neck as she leaned down in his face.

"What if I work for it?" She said suggestively as she bit down slightly on his lip before kissing him. He kissed her back, his hands trialing up her thighs and underneath his nightshirt she was wearing. She groaned as his fingers brushed up against her before he pulled back completely and sat up with her still on top of him.

"How about you get up with me this morning, and I'll be the one to make it up to you later." He teased. She glared at him as he squeezed her ass before gently shoving her off of him and getting off the bed.

"That's cruel, Matthew's." She groaned, and then immediately put her arm over her face as he pulled up the blinds of their window up letting light into their room.

"Trust me, it's cruel for me, too. Now get your sexy little ass downstairs before I drag you down." He winked at her before walking out the bedroom door. She made a sound in the back of her throat. "I made pancakes!" He yelled from down the hall. Maya sighed and sat up in her bed, she ran a hand through her messy hair and glared at the time on the alarm clock.
~

Josh smiled as he heard the shower turn on from the kitchen. Fifteen minutes later and Maya was walking out of the bathroom and into the kitchen in a bathrobe. She had brushed out her hair but it was still wet and messy down her back. She looked more awake now, though she gave him an annoyed expression as she made her way over to their coffee maker.

"Not that I don't appreciate you waking me up in the mornings, but I would rather you wake me up for sex than to actually wake me up." She told him as she pored herself a cup of coffee. Josh watched her with an amused expression as he leaned against the countertop with his own cup of coffee in his hand.