Physically Hurt

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for reading and voting! It means a lot! Hope everyone is doing well! Please enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Come on, Josh, right over here." Topanga said as she opened the front door and held it open for Josh to walk in. Riley and Maya's eyes widened as they saw Josh hobble into the living room on a set of crutches.

"What happened?" Riley asked as her and Maya walked over to see him. Josh winced as he plopped down on the couch as Topanga took his crutches away.

"I got into a little accident." Josh stated as Topanga started helping him elevate his leg on some pillows on the couch.

"What kind of accident?" Maya asked, her tone full of concern. Josh smirked through the pain.

"Dont worry, Gorgeous. I'll be alright." He said before he let out a grunt as Topanga shifted his leg on the couch.

"Some idiot not paying attention. Josh was crossing the road with a man hit him with his car. He was texting while driving." Topanga told them. "He broke Josh's leg. The doctor said he'll be on crutches for the next month."

"I'm so sorry, Uncle Josh. Is there anything we can do?" Riley asked him. Josh chuckled.

"Got a time machine?" He joked. He leaned up a bit so Topanga could put a pillow behind his back so he could sit up properly on the couch.

"Girls, Josh will be staying with us until he can get back on his feet, literally." Topanga told them. "So I'll need your help." She told them before heading into the kitchen.

"NYU is letting me take my classes online until I can get my crutches off. Doctor said it would be better for me to be comfortable around family instead of in my dorm." He told them. "Looks like we'll be spending some quality time together." He joked. His eyes went to Maya for a second before he looked back down at the cast he had on. Maya felt herself blush at the thought of being able to see Josh for a month straight.

"Riley, Maya. Cory and I have plans tonight. Can you guys look after Auggie and Josh while I'm gone?" Topanga asked, ignoring Josh's complaint that he didnt need a babysitter.

"Well I have a date with Lucas tonight, but Maya is free." Riley smirked at her best friend.

"Maya can you?" Topanga asked. Maya rolled her eyes as the smirk that Riley had behind her mothers back.

"Sure why not. But I'm not making dinner." She told them. Topanga smiled.

"I'll order pizza. Thanks Maya." She said before heading back to the kitchen.

"Yeah, thanks Maya." Riley mocked as she headed into her room, ignoring Maya's glare. Josh smiled up at her as Maya sighed and looked down at him.

"Well I guess if you need anything, let me know." She told him. Josh laughed.

"I'll try to contain myself." He joked. "But I got to admit, I was hoping it would be you staying here tonight." He told her. Maya blushed before she turned around and walked to Riley's room.
~
Later on that night, everyone had already left the house. Maya was sitting and doing her homework at the table beside the empty pizza box that her, Auggie and Josh had for dinner. Josh and Auggie were sitting in the living room watching TV.

Every few minutes, Maya would look up from her homework to see Josh smiling at her. Whenever she would catch his eye he would just smirk at her as she gave him a sarcastic smile back and went back to her homework. This went on for another hour as they would share looks with each other and smile over the table. When the timer went off and Maya looked down at her watch and sighed.

"Auggie, its nine o'clock. Time for bed." Maya said as she closed her books and got up from the table. Auggie, who was resting his head on Josh's shoulder, looked up and nodded sleepily.

"Goodnight, Aug." Josh smiled at him. Auggie wished Josh a goodnight and got up from the couch. He wiped his eyes tiredly as Maya walked over and grabbed his hand. She led him back to his bedroom and in ten minutes, he was asleep.

Maya came back into the living room and looked over at Josh who was flipping through channels.

"Do you anything?" She asked him. Josh looked over and smiled up at her. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe a glass of water." He said. Maya smiled at him as she went into the kitchen to grab him a glass of water. She brought it back over to him and he smiled as he took it from her hands.

"Anything else?" She asked. Josh smirked.

"Yes." He said. He grabbed her hand and pulled her down on the couch beside him. She sat on the edge as he was sprawled out long ways. "For you to finally take a break from your schoolwork and come sit with me." He told her. Maya laughed.

"I have a killer report do for your brother on Monday. I dont think he's going to care what my excuse is for not getting it done, even if it was because I was spending time with you." She told him. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"you'll get it done. But you'll get it done later. They'll be back anytime now and I haven't really seen you once tonight." He told her.

Maya was in her senior year of high school and had turned eighteen a few months ago. And even though her and Josh weren't technically dating, everyone knew it was only a matter of time. Including them.

"I'm beginning to think you're taking advantage of this whole disabled thing." Maya teased him. Josh smiled.

"Well nobody ever said it didnt have its advantages." He replied before bringing her down to meet his lips. No this wasn't their first kiss. They had kissed a few times before, the first time being on Maya's birthday.

"Josh, your nephew is in the other room." Maya said as she pulled back right when he was about to deepen it.

"He's asleep." Josh replied as he leaned in again. Maya kissed him for a few more seconds before pulling back again.

"We're in your brothers house and they can walk through that door any second." She laughed. Josh brought his hand up to her cheek and creased it.

"Let them." He replied quietly before he leaned back in and kissed her again.

They sat there and kissed for a few minutes, Maya running her hands through his hair and Josh gripping her hips. The front door opened and shut as someone cleared their throat. Maya and Josh broke away to find Riley smirking at them.

"Ew." She said. Maya laughed as Josh rolled his eyes.

"Thanks for ruining the moment, Riles." Josh teased.

"Anytime, Uncle Josh." Riley replied before she headed back to her room with a dreamy expression.

"I should go to her." Maya told him, laying her hand on his chest. Josh nodded.

"What do you say when I finally get this cast taken off that I take you on a real date." He said. Maya leaned down and kissed him again.

"That depends." Maya told him. "Does it involve walking the street?" She smirked at him as she got up from the couch. Josh glared at her.

"Real funny!" He yelled at her as she laughed all the way back to Riley's room.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________