Right in front of me

This was requested by @brinacarpx and its a little different then what the storyline to GMW is. This story takes place after Cory and Topanga leave for New York so let's pretend that Josh was born a little later in life.
____________________________
Right after Amy and Allen had Joshua Matthews, Cory and Topanga became pregnant with Riley. After news broke that Josh would have a cousin close to his age, the Matthews all made it a priority to visit more and more so that the two cousins could become close.

A couple of years later, Topanga was on her day off and took Riley to the park. While she was there Riley met a new friend as they played together on the playground, which later Topanga discovered was named Maya. While Maya and Riley were playing Topanga met Maya's mom. They both hit it off just like their kids obviously did and decided to make play dates for their little ones.

"Hi, I'm Topanga Matthews, I just wanted to come introduce myself since our kids are hitting it off so well." Topanga said kindly as she walked up to a woman in a diners outfit. The woman smiled and politely scooted over to make some room for her new company.

"Hi, I'm Katy. Honestly I'm glad that their playing together, Maya doesn't usually like to play with other kids. There must be something about that daughter of yours." Katy told her as they both watched the two year olds play in the sand box.

"It's been a little hard for Riley to make friends as well. We put her in a daycare center and she's only made one friend since." Topanga replied. Katy smiled.

"Well then we'll just have to change that. I don't have Maya in a daycare because my husband and I can't afford that, but if you'd like we can come up with an arrangement for Riley and Maya to hang out." Katy suggested. Topanga smiled and nodded her head.

"I think that would be a great idea!"

And so the friendship began as Maya and Riley became inseparable, they did everything together! Including family get togethers.

It was Easter the first time Josh and Maya met. They were three years old and Katy had to work that day. Maya's father, Kermit, was out looking for another job. So Topanga invited Maya to be with the Matthews for Easter.

"Hello!" Amy exclaimed as she came through the door of Cory and Topanga's house after they had buzzed her in. Right behind her was Allen as he held a three year old Josh in his arms.

Everyone said hi to each other while Allen put Josh down. After Josh gave his brother and sister in law a hug he immediately made his way over to Riley who was sitting on the couch with Maya watching cartoons.

"Josh this is Riley's friend Maya, Maya this Riley's uncle Josh." Topanga introduced them. Josh smiled and waved at Maya who shyly waved back.

"Josh why don't you hang out here with the girls while Topanga and I get dinner ready." Amy told her son. Josh gave her a smile and nodded his head while positioning himself right beside Maya.

"Have you heard from Shawn?" Allen asked Cory.

"He's in Arizona right now. He said he probably won't be home for Easter this year." Cory told him. As Allen and Cory went off in a conversation about Shawn, Maya and Josh were getting along great. The three kids retreated off into Riley's room and played until it was time for dinner.

Everyone knew that Maya and Josh were going to be close. Everyone saw the chemistry they had between them, especially when they had their first "kiss" together that Easter get together.

It was after dinner and everyone was just sitting around and talking. Topanga had put some fake roses out on the table as a center piece for the occasion. Josh went over to the flowers, climbed up on the bench and grabbed two out of the vase. He took them over to Riley and Maya while everyone's eyes were on him. He gave one to Riley and then leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. Everyone let out an 'aww' then Josh went to Maya and gave her the other one, but when he leaned in to kiss her cheek Maya turned her head over and Josh ended up kissing her on the lips. Everyone was a little shocked before Allen spoke up.