Vacation

Hey everyone!! Thanks for reading and commenting and following along with this book! I hope you guys enjoy this one shot!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Now this, is what I'm talking about." Maya sighed contently as she laid back and rested her head on the lounge chair behind her. Baking in the sun as she had her sunglasses on to shield her from the sunlight.

"Really? Even with Uncle Josh being here?" Riley asked her as she laid beside her best friend on the next lounge chair behind her. Maya closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Not even your uncle can ruin my mood." Maya told her as she felt herself fully relaxing in the sun.

It was the summer between high school and college, and Maya and Riley had gone on vacation with the Matthews as their last chance to relax before they step into the adult world. They had traveled to Florida and were now on Daytona Beach. While the rest of the family had decided to head to the beach, Maya and Riley decided to hang by the hotel pool instead.

"Well its the first day of vacation. Give it a few hours and I'm sure he'll have you plotting ways to bury him in the sand before the day is over with." Riley smirked at her.

Maya and Josh had a very love-hate relationship. For as long as Maya could remember, Josh loved to torment her. He would tease her, make fun of her, prod and poke at her anytime he got the chance. He was annoying, and he loved to push Maya's buttons any chance he got.

Just as silence had fallen over them, the devil himself showed up just as Riley was finishing putting on sun screen on her body. She looked over at him and sighed as he smirked at the sight of the two girls.

"Well isn't this a coincidence?" Josh stated as he came to stand beside both Riley and Maya. Maya lifted her sunglasses onto her head and squinted up at the tall male that was towering over them.

"Go away, Josh." Riley stated in a board tone as she laid back and placed her sunglasses on her head.

"Now why aren't you with the rest of the family at the beach?" He asked them.

"You know why." Riley growled at him. Josh just smirked. Maya hated big crowds. She tried to avoid them as much as possible and the beach was way too crowded for her liking that day. Maya had told Riley to go on without her, but of course Riley never did anything unless Maya was by her side.

"Ah, its not that bad. Just got back." He told them. Maya had not said anything yet, she was determined to not even acknowledge him.

"Why dont you go back?" Riley asked him, still not leaving her position as she had her eyes closed and was just blindly talking to Josh.

"And let you both miss out on the gift that is my presence?" He asked teasingly. "Not a chance." He plopped down on the other lounge chair that was on the other side of Maya and placed his hands behind his head.

"I told you." Riley stated quietly to Maya, with slight amusement in her tone. Maya still did not say anything as she continued to lay in the sun. Silence fell between them, but Maya knew it wouldn't last long.

Suddenly a loud squeal irrupted from Riley, and Maya opened her eyes and leaned up just in time to watch Josh throw Riley into the pool. Maya bit her lip, she knew this wouldn't end well as Josh laughed and Riley came up and glared at him.

"Joshua Matthews! You are such a jerk!" She yelled at him. Maya almost laughed, but she quickly covered it up with a clear of her throat as Riley got out of the pool, dripping wet. Even mad, Riley was too adorable for her own good.

"Why come to a pool if you're not going to get wet?" Josh smirked at her. Riley scoffed before she stomped over to her stuff and gathered it up.

"Sorry, Maya. But I need to go change clothes." She said. Maya smiled at her.

"Dont worry, Riles. I can handle him." Maya told her. Riley nodded and glared at Josh as she walked out of the pool area and into the hotel. Maya got up from her chair and waited until Riley was out of sight before she turned towards Josh. "Are you insane?" She asked him. Josh smirked as he walked over towards her.

"I had to get rid of her somehow." He stated as he wrapped his arm around her waist and brought her into his chest.

"She's going to get suspicious." Maya told him and Josh scoffed.

"Please, she thinks we hate each other." He told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"If you keep trying to get me alone like this, she'll start to figure it out." She scolded him. Jos smirked at her.

"Believe me, Riley doesnt know anything." He leaned in and kissed her. Maya melted for the moment and brought her arms up to wrap around him and kiss him back. Forgetting that they were in an open area, forgetting that Riley could double back and catch them in a second. She pulled back.

"You're too much trouble." Maya smirked at him.

Josh and Maya did hate each other, or at least Maya had. It wasn't until just a few months ago that Josh had told her the reason he was so horrible to her over the years was because he actually was attracted to her, and that over the last few weeks he had been developing feelings for her.

He had asked her out and Maya said no. But Josh didnt give up. In fact, he bugged her over the course of two weeks before she finally had said yes to get him off her back. One date, was what she had promised herself. Nothing more. But Josh had been so different on that date. So charming and kind. Not like the Josh that she had been fighting with for most of her life as they grew up together.

She couldn't help but say yes to another date as Josh proved to her that he really did like her. And she ended up falling for him as well. She had agreed to be his girlfriend on one condition, nobody was to find out. She didnt think she would be able to handle Riley if she had found out about them.

"What do you say you and I sneak off after dinner tonight and go take a walk on the beach?" Josh asked her. "There shouldn't be many people there by then." Maya smiled.

"I think that sounds great. I'll make an excuse to head back to the hotel or something. Riley wont question it." Maya said. Josh smiled and leaned in again to give her a slower kiss.

"Dont worry about Riley." He mumbled against her lips. "I'll take care of her." Maya kissed him one more time before she put her hands on his chest and suddenly pushed him so hard that he lost his footing and fell into the pool. Maya was laughing as Josh came to the surface, shaking the water out of his hair.

"That was for Riley." She told him. "See you tonight!" She winked at him and grabbed her stuff before heading back towards the hotel, leaving a shocked, but smiling Josh.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! See y'all next time!