Valentines day

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and commenting! Hope you guys enjoy! And happy belated Valentines!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sickening. Everywhere she looked, all she felt was that deep feeling of vile that came to the top of her throat as she had to swallow it down and try to ignore it. Sickening.

"Don't you just love, love!" Riley exclaimed. Maya looked over at her with a glare. "It's in the air and its beautiful."

"I need a barf bag." Maya mumbled. Zay reached into his back pocket and grabbed one and handed it to her. Maya rolled her eyes as she took it.

"Come on, Maya. It's the most romantic day of the year! You should be thriving off of the emotion!" Riley told her.

"Hey, speak for yourself." Zay said as they all three were walking towards Riley's apartment building. "You and Lucas have a reason to love today. You two have each other." Zay explained.

"Not to mention Farkle who is probably somewhere sucking faces with Smackle as we speak." Maya stated.

"Both of you could have dates tonight, and you know it." Riley said as she rolled her eyes. "Both of you got asked out by at least three different people."

"Except none of the people who asked us are the ones that we want to be with." Zay answered. Maya looked at the ground to keep her red face from showing. She wouldn't admit it, but Zay was right.

"Well that isn't mine, Lucas, or Farkle's fault." Riley said. "If you two are so down about it then why don't you go out together tonight?"

"Because today is the most romantic day of the year for couples. And it gives single people an excuse to sit at home and watch tv on a Saturday night with a gallon of ice cream." Zay told her. Riley and Maya looked over at him with a look. "What?" He asked in confusion.

"I don't want to spend Valentines Day with Zay. No offence." Maya said. Zay just shrugged his shoulders. "There literally isn't anyone on this planet that I would realistically want to go with except for the obvious. And since I cant do that, then there is no point on going out with anyone." Maya explained.

Suddenly, Riley stopped abruptly as a look of horror crossed her face. She stood frozen as a thought had seemed to cross her face. Maya and Zay stopped walking and looked over at her in confusion.

"You okay?" Zay asked her.

"Oh no!" Riley exclaimed. "I totally forgot about Uncle Josh's birthday being today!" Maya cocked an eyebrow.

"You forgot." She repeated. Riley nodded her head.

"With all the excitement of today being mine and Lucas's first Valentines day together, I forgot all about it! He told our family that he didn't want a party or anything. He just wanted to hang out at his dorm. I think mom and dad went to go see him this morning, but I just didn't think about it!"

Riley said all of this super fast causing Maya's head to slightly hurt and Zay to just stare at her as if his mind was wondering and couldn't keep up with what she was saying.

"Well then I'm sure Josh wont be that upset about it." Maya stated. She had wanted to see Josh on his birthday. hoping that maybe he would come over and be with his family. But the fact that he wanted to do nothing but hang out in his dorm and it was also Valentines Day... Maya couldn't help but let her mind wonder.

"Maya! You've got to go over there!" Riley said. Maya snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her best friend with wide eyes.

"What!" She exclaimed. "Riley I cant-"