Face timing

"This sucks," Maya complained as she rested her chin down on her arm that was propped up on the bed. She stared back at the phone screen that was propped up by a pillow and was facing her.

Joshua Matthew's tired face stared back at her as he ran a hand through his already tousled hair that looked like he had been running his hands through them all day.

"I know. I can't tell you how much I wish you were here with me right now." He stated with a sigh. His tone sounded exhausted, his eyes had dark circles underneath.

"I'll say. I feel like I'm having an intimate relationship with my phone these days." She joked lightly. Her tone turned serious. "Are things any better?" She asked. Josh shook his head lightly.

"Nope. Road conditions are still too bad to even attempt driving. My mom is running me up the wall asking me if this means I'll cave and stay for the rest of winter break." Maya grinned at the annoyance in his tone.

"She just wants to spend more time with you. I don't blame her. This is the first time you've been able to really visit since summer." Maya reminded him. Josh nodded his head.

"I'm not saying that I don't want to spend time with her. But it would be more bearable if you were here with me." He looked at her through his eyelashes.  Maya gave him a sad smile.

"Next time." She promised him.

"I'm going to hold you to that." He practically growled at her causing her to scrunch up her nose.

It was in the middle of January and currently NYU was out for winter break. Josh had agreed that he would spend the first half with his family down in Philadelphia and the second half back in New York. Maya would have agreed to go with him as he had originally asked her to, but couldn't since she was spending her winter break with her own family.

Josh had really wanted them to be able to spend some time together outside of school so they didn't have to worry about campus curfew or homework that had to be done. Or even nosy roommates who seemed not capable of working on their own relationships and staying the hell away from theirs... Josh was only slightly bitter. 

But of course, on the day Josh was supposed to come back to New York a huge snowstorm had hit Philidalphea causing him to be snowed in with his parents and not able to safely make it back to the City. This did not improve his mood.

"She keeps asking me when they'll be able to meet you," Josh told her. Maya scrunched up her nose.

"Your parents have known me practically my whole life." She reminded him.

"No. They've known Maya, Riley's best friend, for practically your whole life. They've never met Maya my girlfriend before." Josh teased. Suddenly Maya felt like a weight had been set on her shoulders. Josh chuckled at the look she suddenly had.

"Relax, they're ecstatic about the fact that you and I are dating. Apparently, Mom called it from that very first Christmas that we saw each other again. Said she could just tell." Maya snorted as Josh rolled his eyes.

"Well, at least now I know I wasn't the only one." Maya grinned. Josh gave her a sly smile.

"You two should start a club." He said sarcastically. Maya hummed.

"Now that's an intriguing idea." She stated. "How many men can say that they have a fan club of women that consists of their mom and girlfriend."

"Please don't go saying that around Andrew. That's the last thing I need." He groaned. Maya giggled.

"I'll keep that in mind the next time you tell him about something I said in my sleep." She winked. Josh sighed.

"You're evil." He stated.

"And you're stalling," Maya said. "You really should be getting back downstairs." Josh made a face.

"And have to listen to Morgan and her new fiance argue with each other over who's the most romantic?No thanks, I'd rather gouge my eyes out."

"I'm sure your sister would say the same thing if it were us." Josh gave her a disgusted look.

"I would hope that if you and I ever became as nauseating as them, someone would put us both out of our misery," Josh stated. "And I have to share a room with him because mom and dad don't won't them shacking up in the same house."

"Josh," Maya protested at his form of words.

"Well it's true." Josh complained. "And then I get woke up in the middle of the night because Morgan's trying to sneak him into her room. I hear the giggling and moaning and bed creaking from the other room." He had the most disgusted look on his face.

"You're only saying that because she's your sister. Besides, it's different than when you're the one in the relationship." Maya teased. Josh stared at her for a moment.

"Or maybe because I'm just jealous that he's here and you're not." He admited. Maya sighed as she started at him. "I dont like to think about it." He whispered. "Him being here. Watching Morgan and him be together, It's made me miss you even more." 

"I miss you, too." Maya whispered softly. "But on the bright side, you'll learn to appreciate me more." This earned her an eye roll.

"As if you dont already have a big head." Maya chuckled lowly under her breath as she shook her head at him. Josh suddenly sighed as he looked towards his door from the bedroom he's in. Maya could hear the loud knocking and faint sound of someone telling him to get downstaris.

Josh scowled at the door before he turned his head back towards his phone. "I got to go." He sighed. Maya smiled at him.

"Stay warm." She told him. Josh sighed and nodded his head.

"You, too." He replied. "I'll call you from the treehouse later. At least there I know we'll have some privacy." He said, the scowl on his face not leaving.

"Joshua!" A voice screeched from the other end of the room. Josh snapped his head over and glared.

"Alright!" He yelled back. "Hold your horses!" Maya bit her lip to keep from laughing.

"I better let you go." She said. Josh sighed as he looked back at her.

"For the record, he's totally not invited when we get married." Maya rolled her eyes.

"Goodbye Josh."

"Bye Gorgeous."

Maya hung up the phone and stared at the screen for a moment. She bit her lip and giggled at the thought of her highly annoyed boyfriend sharing a room with his sisters fiancé. In one sense she felt bad for him... in another she couldn't wait to tell Riley.

Plugging up her phone and getting off her bed, Maya found herself saying a silent prayer in her head that the snow in Philadelphia would let up soon.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________