Strokes

Enjoy! ❤️
----------------------------------------------
"Hey, family!" Josh yelled through out the Matthews apartment as he came through the door and swung his duffle bag onto the chair beside the door like he always did. As soon as Josh looked up and saw the Matthews faces he knew something was definitely wrong. "Why the sour faces?" He asked as he looked around the room.

Lucas was hugging Riley as she silently cried on his shoulder, Cory and Topanga were trying to explain to Auggie what was going on and Farkle and Zay were sitting by the bay window in the living room looking down with frowns on their faces.

"What's wrong? Where's Maya!?" Josh demanded to be told as he looked around the room again and noticed that Maya wasn't anywhere to be found. Riley broke away from Lucas and got up from the couch making her way over to Josh.

"Do you remember Mammy clutter bucket?" Riley asked. Josh had to rack his brain before remembering who she was.

"Maya's grandmother. The one she's so close to." Josh confirmed starting to get really worried.

"She passed away this morning after having a really bad stroke. Nobody can find Maya." Riley said as she started to cry again. Josh felt his heart snap. He knew how close Maya was with her grandmother, she was the only person besides Riley Maya felt like she could truly let loose and be herself.

"What do you mean nobody can find her?" Josh asked his breathing becoming more shallow as his voice cracked at the thought of Maya being lost.

"I mean we've looked all over New York. Maya's nowhere to be found." Topanga said as she held Auggie close to her.

"Shawn and Katy?" Josh asked

"Shawn is still out looking for her and Katy hasn't left the hospital." Cory answered.

"No, she's got to be somewhere." Josh said as he started back towards the door.

"Uncle Josh!" Riley yelled after him making him turn around. "I'm her best friend. If I can't find her what makes you think you'll be able to?" Riley asked as Lucas came up from behind her and put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I don't Riley. I just know I have to try." And with that Josh was out the door starting his search.

Josh had looked everywhere. Topanga's, the high school, her apartment, he even went up to the hospital to search for her. He called her cell phone only for it to go straight to voice mail. After a few more hours of searching he was almost ready to give up when he got a phone call from Shawn.

"Hey Josh. I think I may know where Maya's at." Shawn said. By the sound of his voice Josh could tell he was desperate. "After Maya turned eighteen a couple of months ago, I gave her an extra key to my cabin up in the mountains. I also gave her an extra key to my car after me and Katy got the SVU. I called Cory to tell him but he said that you were out looking for her and that I should call you instead. I would go myself but I need to be here for Katy. I'm trusting you with my eighteen year old daughter Josh, don't make me sorry." After Shawn was done talking, Josh thanked him and hung up the phone.

Josh knew exactly where Shawn's cabin was. When he was sixteen Shawn and Cory had taken him up there to have a guys weekend. He didn't tell Shawn this but him and Maya also went up there and spent the weekend together the week after she had turned eighteen. Nothing major happened between the two of them but, somehow neither of them thought Shawn would believe that. After about an hour of driving Josh finally made it to the cabin. He parked the car and turned it off while looking out his window and seeing Shawn's old Honda parked right in front of him. Josh knew Maya wasn't just gonna open the door for him so he took out his key that Maya had made him after she turned eighteen so he could join her up there anytime he wanted. He also did not tell Shawn that. Josh opened the door and gently shut it back and locked it.