"I Miss You"

Hey everyone!! I hope y'all are doing well! I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I hear its humid over there. You're hair getting along all right?" Maya joked as she stared through the computer screen at her boyfriend over a year.

"It's been tough without my gel, but I'm getting along." Josh joked back as he smiled at her. "I miss you." He whispered.

"I miss you, too."

Josh had been in South Africa the last two months on a project that he was doing for his job. After college he had decided that he wanted to try and start making a difference in the world. There were a lot of kids over in South Africa that were struggling. Not just kids, everyone. Their families didnt have very much clean water to drink and they barely got around with food.

Josh had decided that he would take the next couple of months and go down there to try and help. Partnering up with a big time organization to bring clean water, food and fresh clothes. They were also raising money in the U.S to try and build them conditional living areas for those who didnt have much.

It had been all that Josh had talked about ever since finishing college, and now he had finally gotten to a place where he could. Maya was still in school, so she wasn't able to go with him. But she was proud of him, more proud then she ever had been.

"The people down here are amazing, Maya. Especially the kids." Josh told her as he had a certain longing look on his face. "They have it so hard, but they have such an amazing outlook on life. You would think with everything that they have been through that they would be so bitter, but they're not. I've learned so much from them." Maya smiled at the look of pure happiness on his face.

"I'm proud of you." Maya told him. "You're doing so much and it doesnt go recognized very often." She stated.

"I would love to bring you here sometime. Maybe next summer? I've met some kids over here that have really changed me. I would love for you to meet them. I've told them all about you. They want to meet you." He told her. Maya beamed.

"I would love that." She told him. "You know I would go anywhere with you." Josh smiled at her and bit his lip as he looked down.

"I also wanted to talk to you about something. After we get married, I would love to make yearly trips over here. As well as possibly adopting from over here as well." Josh looked at Maya, and she could see the pleading and hope in his eyes as he stared at her.

"I think that's a great idea." She laughed as his smile grew huge.

Josh and Maya had brought up the topic of marriage often. They knew that they were the ones for each other. They were just waiting until Maya graduated from college before they made any definite plans. They had moved in together right after Josh graduated and moved in to his own apartment.

Their families all knew they would end up together one day, they knew it, their friends knew it. It was just a matter of time before Josh popped the question.

"Are you sure you dont mind? Obviously I want to wait until after we're married a couple of years, and of course we still want to have kids of our own. But these kids have captured my heart, Maya. How could I not, you know?" He asked her.

Josh always loved being apart of a big family. His only regret was that he had been born so late in life and didnt get to grow up with them in the house. He loved his siblings and always wished he had a closer relationship with them.

Maya never had a big family, and for the longest time it was just her and her mom. She had never really thought about having a big family until she met Josh and he had spoken so passionately about it. He had really opened her eyes to marriage and kids. Something she never thought she would be very open to. Now she wanted just as many kids as he wanted. Both of them determined to be the best parents and have the perfect family. Never to make the same mistakes of their parents.

"As long as I'm by your side, I think we can do anything." Maya stated. And she meant it, she never thought that she would ever feel that way, with anyone. But Josh was so different, he wasn't like other guys that she had ever met.

"I cant wait to see you." He told her. "Two more weeks." He smiled. Maya bit her lip and tried to keep from shedding any tears as she felt the ache in her heart at how much she missed him.

"I'm counting down the days." She admitted.

"I love you." He said. His voice had such a longing to it. He wanted so badly to reach through the computer screen and pull her through. To wrap her arms around her and hold her tight.

"I love you, too." Maya whispered. She, too, had the same desires. Two months away from each other was torture. They had never been away from each other that long since they had started dating. But it was sure to be a good homecoming when he did come home, and that was the thought that kept them both going.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Be on the lookout in the next couple of updates. I hop to put out a new Joshaya story here in a little bit. Have a good week, Y'all! Lots of love and stay safe!