Wisdom Teeth ~ Josh

6/10
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya walked along the halls at NYU with her phone clutched in her hands. She rolled her eyes and let out another sigh as she texted Andrew back letting him know that she was on her way.

Andrew, Josh's roommate, had been driving her up the wall all afternoon about her getting the hell to his and Josh's dorm room as soon as she could. This caused her to grow concerned as he wouldn't tell her why, just that Josh needed her.

He had been texting her since noon, but she had been in her Friday afternoon classes until three, and couldn't get over there any sooner than that. Making Andrew obviously frustrated as he continued to text her phone every few minutes asking her where she was and how long before she got there.

Finally, Maya got to the door of Andrew and Josh's dorm room, she was only able to knock twice before the door was pulled open abruptly, causing Maya to jump back a little.

"Oh thank God!" Andrew exclaimed. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the room before shutting the door.

Maya glared at Andrew. But her expression softened as she looked over to see her disoriented boyfriend laying on his bed with an ice pack on his face.

"What happened?" Maya asked as she sat her backpack down along with her jacket.

"He got his wisdom teeth taken out this morning." Andrew told her. Maya's eyes narrowed as she snapped her head over towards him.

"His wisdom teeth?" She questioned. Josh hadn't mentioned anything to her about getting his wisdom teeth taken out.

"He didn't want anyone to know so he didn't say anything and made me take him to the dentist this morning. He said he didn't want to put his brother and sister in law out by letting him stay there." Andrew explained. Maya sighed as she looked back over at her boyfriend.

Josh was a very insecure person when it came to relying on people. He didn't want anyone to feel put out or burdened by him, so he never told people when he was hurting or sick. This annoyed Maya for many reasons.

"He's driving me crazy though. The laughing gas has effected him in the worst way possible! He's clingy, he's sad, then he's happy and giggling, but then if you say one thing that can even remotely be taken the wrong way, he gets sad and starts crying! Yes, literally crying!" Andrew whisper shouted his frustration to Maya. "I don't care if he tries to kill me for telling you about the wisdom teeth, you can take care of him!"

"Don't worry, I'll kill him for not telling me before he gets to you." Maya stated with a snap before she looked back over at her boyfriend who looked like he was trying to curl up in a ball.

"So you got him?" Andrew asked. Maya nodded and smiled at him.

"Yeah i got him, thanks." Maya answered.

"Great! Don't worry about going home tonight, I'll find somewhere else to sleep." Andrew said before he walked out the door and left Maya there.

The door closing caused Josh to jump up from his sleeping position and look around the room in a bit of a daze, his eyes met with Maya's and he narrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Hey there," Maya stated as she walked further into the room and sat down on the bed beside him. Josh looked a little confused as he slowly moved away from Maya closer to the other side of his bed. He blinked and continued to stare at her.

"I don't think you should be in here, I have a girlfriend and she can get very jealous." He told her. Maya rolled her eyes. She does not get jealous.

"I am your girlfriend." She told Josh. He shook his head and let out a whine.

"No, no you're not. I want Maya." He grumbled like a baby. Maya raised her eyes brows at him.

"Boing, I am Maya." She stated. Suddenly his eyes got huge as he stared at her.

"Gorgeous!" He exclaimed. "It's a good thing you're here, this girl tried to tell me she was my girlfriend! But I knew better." He stated.

"I'm so proud of you." Maya stated as she got off the bed and walked over to where his box fan that he always kept in the room with him. She turned it on low and faced it towards him before walking over and grabbing an extra blanket from his desk chair.

"I had to go to the dentist today." He told her, although his mouth was so puffed out and he could barely open it, it took Maya a lot of straining to understand what he was saying. "I thought about you the entire time." He told her.

"You did, did you." Maya chuckled. Josh hummed.

"Andrew told me the dentist would be nice, but he had these really long sharp things that he kept poking in my mouth. I didn't like it." Josh stated with a pout on his lips. Maya couldn't help but think about how cute he was at the moment.

She took the extra blanket and pulled it over him, it was his favorite that he owned, he had stolen it from Maya when he realized that she wasn't going to keep it. It wasn't anything special, she had hand made it one summer when her grandmother forced her to learn how to knit. She was just messing around, but Josh thought it was the coolest thing ever and decided to keep it.

After Maya had tucked him in, she started to go  over to where the door was, ready to take off her shoes and place them by her stuff.

"Wait!" Josh exclaimed as he reached out to her and grabbed her hand. "Don't leave me." He whined, and it made Maya's heart melt the way he looked.

"I'm not leaving, I'm just going to take off my shoes." She told him in what sounded like a motherly voice. Josh seemed to pout a little more before his grip on her hand slackened.

"You're not leaving?" He asked her. Maya shook her head.

"No, baby. I'm not leaving." Maya told him, her voice held amusement. Josh nodded before laying back down on the pillow and letting her hand go.

Maya walked over and took her shoes off and placed them with her stuff. She then walked back over and crawled into bed beside him, pulling the covers over her, too.

"Will you cuddle with me?" Josh asked, but before she could reply, Josh was already wrapping an arm around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder. Maya smiled as she brought her hand up to run through his hair as the wind from the fan hit them slightly in the face.

"How's your mouth feel?" Maya asked him. Josh groaned in response.

"I'm sore." He told her. His words were becoming slurred as his eyes closed and he snuggled further into her. "I love you." He whispered quietly as he dozed off.

Maya smiled and kissed his head before settling down against the pillow and continued to run her fingers through his hair.

"I love you, too." She sighed, still thinking about how she was going to kill him once he was back in his right mind for not telling her about his surgery.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Hope everyone enjoyed!