Pouting

Thanks everyone for reading! I hope you guys enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya sat on her bed in her dorm room. Her eyes set on her boyfriend who was acting as if he was a three year old that just got his favorite toy taken away. Josh sat at Maya's desk chair with his arms crossed over his chest and his leg twitching up and down.

"Josh." Maya spoke. Silence. Maya rolled her eyes. "Josh you cant keep giving me the silent treatment." She tried again. Silence. Maya huffed.

It had been like this for the last ten minutes. Josh sitting there and saying nothing while Maya tried to get him to talk. So far she has had no luck.

"Josh, really its not that big of a deal." That did it. Josh snapped his head over at Maya and glared.

"Not that big of a deal." He repeated her words. "Another guy just kisses you and its no big deal." He confirmed. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Josh, I handled it. I dont need you marching across campus like some kind of a cave man and trying to fight my battles for me." Maya told him. Josh glared harder.

"I'm your boyfriend, that's exactly what I should do." He told her. Maya rolled her eyes as she had a hint of a smile on her face.

"I punched him, and I reported him to campus security. I talked to my art teacher and she said that she wouldn't make us partners anymore on projects." Maya assured him.

"And I suppose that's supposed to make me feel better?" He asked her. "That isn't going to stop him from chasing after you."

"And I'll deal with it as it comes Besides, if I couldn't handle something you know I would come straight to you." Maya told him with her eyebrows narrowed. Josh rolled his eyes as he sunk further in her chair.

"Still would have liked to do something." He pouted as he glared at the ground. Maya couldn't help it, she laughed. Josh snapped his head up at her and frowned. "Stop making fun of me. You wouldn't be laughing if it were some girl that kissed me." Josh retorted. Maya shook her head.

"Probably not. But it wasn't some girl that kissed you. It was a guy that kissed me. If he tries something again then I'll let you do something about it. But since it was a first offence, I think you can let me handle it and let it go just this once." Maya told him as she gave him a look. Josh rolled his eyes.

Maya had been partnered up with a guy in her art class. Everyone on campus knew that Josh and Maya were a couple, but there seemed to be a select few that didnt care. Maya had met her partner to work on the project, after they were done he had grabbed her and kissed her.

Of course, Maya had pushed him off. But he didnt stop, he tried to force himself on her when Maya had kneed him between the legs and punched him in the nose. After she reported him, she came to find Josh to tell him what happened. He had happened to be waiting for her in her dorm room while Riley was out working on a project with Lucas.

After Maya had explained what happened, Josh had flipped out and started out the door to go teach the kid a lesson. But Maya had pulled him back and told him that he wasn't allowed to, she had taken care of it and there was no reason for him to go over there and start up something that she had already finished.

Granted, Josh was right. If roles were reversed, Maya would have been on top of that girl in a instant. But that was different, Josh would never, ever, hit a woman. No matter what the circumstance was. And unfortunately for some women, a good punch in the face was exactly what they needed for them to get the message to back off.

But since roles weren't reversed and Maya was able to handle the situation herself, after a argument between her and Josh, Josh had decided to channel his inner three year old and pout in Maya's desk chair. Giving Maya the silent treatment in hopes that she would cave. Maya just found it amusing and adorable.

"And I dont want to hear about how he just happened to run into your fist sometime this week on campus either." Maya told him. Josh didnt say anything. Maya sighed as she got up from her bed and walked over to where he was. "You're cute when you get jealous." Josh acted as if she had just committed a sin.

"I am not jealous!" He exclaimed. "I just dont understand what the big deal is about defending my girlfriend." Josh spat out. Maya straddled his lap on the chair and gave him a stern look.

"Nothing is wrong with it, when I need you to. But I was able to handle this on my own and I am not some damsel that needs saving every time something happens. I grew up in a bad neighborhood, with some pretty messed up neighbors. Believe me, Josh. That wasn't the first time I've had to punch someone." Maya spoke with her hand in Josh's hair, making sure that he was staring directly in her eyes. "Thank you for trying to defend me, and I love you for It. But unless I really need your help, I'm not going to play the boyfriend card all the time. That just isn't who I am."

Josh's glare softened as he sighed and brought his hands up to rest on her thighs before traveling them up further to rest on her hips.

"I know." He told her. Maya smiled and leaned down to peck his lips.

"Good," She stated. "Now, are you done pouting?" She asked him teasingly. Josh looked down for a moment as he shrugged his shoulders before looking back up at her.

"Five more minutes." He stated. Maya scoffed and rolled her eyes as she got off his lap and went over to her bed to plop back down before throwing a pillow at him.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!