P.D.A

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Josh and Maya's relationship could be described in alot of ways by different people. When they see Josh and Maya, it gave alot of people hope for thier own kinds of relationships. Josh and Maya were in love, and there was no denying it as you could see the way they looked at each other.

The way they would listen to each other and not interrupt, how they knew that sometimes trying to fix each other wasnt what they other needed, but they just needed a shoulder to cry on. The way they respected each other and never judged one another based on what had happened with thier pasts. The way that they made thier relationship an equal partnership, instead of one trying to control or tell the other one what to do. How they made each other feel important and loved even in the darkest times in their relationship.

When they fought and had arguments, instead of yelling at each other and leaving the room angry, they had made a rule. Neither one of them would leave until the situation was resolved. They would talk it out, do whatever needed to be done to resolve it. They would be honest and not hold any punches back.

From an outside eye, they really had the pergfect relationship. Alot of people would even go as far to say that they reminded them alot of Cory and Topanga's relationship.

But if there was one thing that Josh and Maya didnt do, it was P.D.A. Public Display of Affection.

Its not that they were against it, but they werent the type of couple to make people feel uncomfortable. They knew what it was like to watch their friends do P.D.A infront of them. And they knew what it was like to feel uncomfortable in friend groups.

Riley was a very affectionate person, so she loved to be very touchy feely with Lucas whenever they were in public. Touch was Riley's love launguige, causing the whole friend group to be uncomfortable whenever they were around.

And Josh was always around his college friends who had dates. He was very experianced with being the third wheel and couldnt help but feeling sick anytime he saw his friends touching and kissing in public. So him and Maya both had always been keen on keeping their hands to themselves when they were out in public.

Of course, there were always exceptions to that rule. Just like there were to any relationship.

For example, Josh and Maya were never really jealous people. Neither one of them were the type to get angry or upset whenever the other one talked to someone else. They always stood back and let the other one handle it if they were getting hit on by someone else, of course, unless they needed to get involved. In which case they never really got angry at each other.

But sometimes, and it was really rare, they couldnt help but lay a hand on each other, or reach for the others hand in times of need. Causing some people to look at them and smile. They were the type of people that if they were to show P.D.A in public, people would smile at them and look adoringly. Not look away in disgust and pretend to vomit.

They never really initiated touch unless it was some sort of situation going on. Like if one of them felt uncomfortable, or if they felt protective of the other one. There were a few times where this had happened.

There was a fight that had broken out between college students on campus at one time. Josh and Maya were sitting with Lucas and Riley in the lunch area outside, talking about their classes and professors. Riley was of course, clinging onto Lucas's arm and rubbing her head on his shoulder. Maya and Josh were sitting beside each other, but their hands were to themselves and they were trying their best to ignore the discomfort of Riley and Lucas as Riley would occasionaly lift her head and kiss Lucas.

There was an uproar behind them, and two boys had tackled each other to the ground right beside their table. Lucas had grabbed Riley and pulled her away from the table just in time. Josh and Maya both jumped up at the same time and avoided collision just in time with the two guys as they knocked into their table.

As the fight continued to get closer, Josh grabbed a hold of Maya and pulled her back into his chest. turning around and sheilding her from harm as the fight got closer. People came from all around and started breaking the two boys apart as Maya clung onto Josh's shirt and watched over his shoulder as the fight continued.

Once they were broken apart and everything started to go back to normal, Josh looked back at Maya with concern in his eyes.

"You alright?" He asked her. Maya just slightly nodded her head as she continued to stare over his shoulder in shock. "Maya," He called to her. She averted her eyes from the scene and stared into Josh's eyes. She nodded her head and wrapped her arms around his torso, buring her face into his chest. Josh tightened his arms around her and rested his chin on her head, ignoring the smiles they got from other people.

Another expamle would be the time that they were on the subway and some of the guys that had gotten on were causing some trouble with the other passengers. They were making everyone extremely uncomfortable and Maya had reached her hand out and grabbed onto Josh's, scooting closer to his side as he wrapped his other arm around her and pulled her closer.

Riley, who was basically in Lucas's lap, couldnt help but smile at her best friend and uncle as she watched how close they were. And how Josh would sometimes whisper something in her ear that would make her visibly calm down. They were like that the whole rest of the way on the subway until their stop, in which Maya held Josh's hand in a death grip as they walked past the group of rowdy boys and onto the platform. Until they were finally safe and started their walk home.

Maya was still pretty shaken up from the experiance, you could tell because of how she was clinging onto Josh's hand, and how Josh hadnt pulled away by now. They both needed the other's touch right now, not caring who was watching. And even if it was such a simple touch, to them it was everything.

Josh and Maya may not believe in public display of affection, but they werent oppsed to it when it really counted. Riley smiled as she walked behind her best friend and Uncle, watching them as they clung to each others hand and walked the streets of New York, oblivious to everything around them except for each other.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was weird.

Thank you all for reading this 3 chapter update!! See you soon!!