Pick up lines

Hey y'all! Sorry about the long wait. School is starting back for me in a couple of weeks so things have been hectic for me to get ready. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy this next oneshot!
____________________________
"Let's have a contest." Maya told him as they were in his car on his way to his family reunion.

"What kind of contest?" Josh asked as he glanced at her from the drivers seat.

"A pick up line contest." Maya told him. Josh stopped at a red light and gave her a weird look.

"A what?" He asked laughing. Maya squeezed his hand.

"A pick up line contest! You know, who ever comes up with the best pick up lines wins." Maya told him. Josh shook his head.

"Absolutely not." He said shaking his head. Maya laughed at him.

"Common, Josh. We have another hour before we get to Philly. This is just so we can pass the time." Maya told him.

"Maya, why do I need to come up with pick up lines when I already have you." He told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Nice try. Now common I'll go first." Maya told him. Josh sighed and rolled his eyes before pressing on the gas peddle as the light turned green. "Are you a magician? Because when I look at you everyone else disappears." Maya said. Josh started laughing.

"Who would use something like that?" Josh asked her seriously. "That's so cheesy." He said before switching lanes.

"Oh you think you could do better?" She asked him. Josh raised an eyebrow.

"Auggie could do better than that." Josh challenged. Maya laughed as she squeezed his hand.

"Okay then, top it." She challenged him. Josh took a deep breath before starting to think of something good.

"I'm not a photographer, but I can picture you and me together." Now it was Maya's turn to laugh.

"You call that topping it? Honey if that's all you got then this competition is over." Maya told him. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Your turn." He told her. Maya smiled before trying to think of another one.

"Do I know you? Because you look a lot like my next boyfriend." Josh raised he eyebrow.

"A pick up line that you will never use again." Josh told her causing her to chuckle. Josh took Maya's hand that was in his and placed it on his shirt. "Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material." Maya laughed and shook her head before taking her hand back.

"They say that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. Well apparently, no one has ever been next to you."

"For some reason I was feeling a little off today. But when you came along, you definitely turned me on."

"Joshua Matthews!" Maya exclaimed in shock. "I can't believe you just said that." She told him. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I think I won that round." Josh said as he moved his head to the side cracking his neck. Maya rolled her eyes as Josh took her hand back in his and rested it in her lap.

"Are you religious? Because you are the answer to all my prayers."

"I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours."

"I'm lost. Can you give me directions to your heart?"

"Are you a parking ticket? Because you got fine written all over you." Maya rolled her eyes. He was so cheesy, but she loved it.

"Are you sure you're not tired? You've been running through my mind all day."

"Is there an airport near by or is my heart just taking off?"

"Was you're dad a boxer? Because damn your a knockout." Josh looked over at Maya with his eyebrows raised.

"I'm so glad that Auggie decided to ride with Riley and Lucas." He said as he shook his head. Maya smiled as she nudged him to continue.

"Can you grab my arm so I can tell my friends that I've been touched by an angle?"

"There's only one thing that I want to change about you and that's your last name."

"Won't that be a little weird considering you're a girl and I'm a guy?" Josh asked her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Well it is the 21st century and I am very found of the name Hunter. Who knows, maybe when we get married I'll make you take my last name instead of taking yours." Maya teased him making Josh shake his head.

"Aside from being sexy, what else do you do for a living?" Maya blushed.

"Hi, how was heaven when you left?"

"Do you believe in love at first or do I have to pass by again?"

"Can I follow you home? Because my parents always told me to follow my dreams." Josh cringed.

"Now that's just creepy." He told her. "Who would use something like that, unless they want to be slapped." Maya rolled her eyes.

"Okay you get the last one since I'm all out of lines to say." Maya told him. Josh thought for a moment before smiling to himself as he stopped at another red light. He had this game won. He turned and looked at Maya right in the eyes as he lifted her hand up to his lips and kissed her knuckles.

"Do you have a pencil? Because I want to erase your past and start writing our future." Maya blushed at how sincere he sounded.

"Dang it you win." Maya complained as she took her hand from his and sat back in her seat. Josh smirked victoriously.

"Honestly I've been wanting to use that one on you for a while, I just didn't know when the right time was." Josh said before he parked the car at a restaurant that Cory and Topanga had just pulled into for lunch.

"Well if we weren't dating then it honestly would have worked. And maybe it still has." Maya teased as she leaned in and kissed his cheek before playfully biting his ear. She knew he liked that.

"Maya!" He called after her as she got out of his car and walked inside the restaurant.
_______________________________
That's it y'all! I hope you enjoyed!!