Sneaking in

Hey everyone!! Thanks for reading and commenting! Hope you enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was a really bad idea.

Joshua Matthews stared up at the window of his nieces bedroom from where his brothers apartment was. Yes, he realized how weird it was to be debating with himself on whether or not he should climb up and sneak into his Niece's bedroom. But considering the only other room he could sneak into was Cory and Topanga's... nah, he'd rather take Riley's. At least she would cover for him if he were caught.

As quietly as he could, Josh started to climb up the fire escape to where Riley's bedroom was. She usually left it open or at least unlocked in case Maya decided to come for a late night visit. So he knew that he wouldn't have any trouble with getting in.

It was already half past two in the morning, so she should be in the bed by now. She was a pretty heavy sleeper, so he shouldn't have any issues getting past her. It was Maya he was more worried about.

He knew she was a pretty light sleeper. She grew up in an apartment building that was very busy outside. She got used to sleeping with the noise and waking up over the slightest little thing. So he was really hoping that she wouldn't be here, and if she was, he would somehow be able to sneak past her.

Josh came up to the window and peered inside, obviously it was dark, but he could make out Riley's frame under the covers of her bed. He gripped the window and quietly pulled it upwards. Once it was high enough to let his body slip through, he climbed into the apartment and pushed the window down again.

He let out a breath of relief as he realized that Maya wasn't beside Riley. He stretched out his neck and walked over to her bedroom door. He closed it back behind him as he came into the hall and stated tiptoeing down the hall into the living room so he didn't make any noise.

But once he got to the end of the hall, he heard voices in the kitchen. He silently cursed as he stopped from going any further.

-talk to them about it, I'm sure they'd  understand." Josh heard Cory's voice from the living room.

"What's there to talk about? There's no way I'll be able to get into college with the kind of grades that I have. Art scholarship is the only chance that I got." Maya's voice stated.

"NYU has a great art program, Maya. But if that's not what you want then don't limit yourself." Cory told her.

"I understand. But I don't know how I'll tell them. Riley and I promised that we would always be together. If I were to get accepted to another school, it would change everything." She told him.

"Why don't you get some sleep and we can talk more about this in the morning. You don't have to make a decision right now, Maya. College is still a year away."

Josh felt his breath hitch as he heard the sound of benches scraping against the floor. He heard shuffling around and footsteps coming this way. He silently cursed as he looked around frantically for a door to slip into before they caught him.

Maya came across first, she had her head down and wasn't looking when she ran straight into Josh. Not expecting it, she snapped her head up and opened her mouth to let out a shocked scream.

Thinking quickly, Josh grabbed Maya around the waist and placed a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. She struggled against him and he somehow turned her around to where her back was resting against his chest.

"Stop it." He demanded low in her ear, and suddenly she stopped moving, her chest heaving up and down as she breathed hard. Her face flushed red and she was very thankful that Josh couldn't see her face at the moment. "I need help. Cory can't know I'm here." His voice whispered desperately.