Trust

Hey everyone!! Thanks for reading! I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trust. Such a simple word, yet, a powerful meaning. Trust was not something that was just given, it was something you earned. Something that even the most powerful people on earth have issues with. It was one thing to say you trusted someone, it was something else to actually mean it.

If it were one thing that Maya Hunter struggled with, it was trusting someone. She had put her trust in so many people only to watch them walk out of her life. Her father was a prime example of that. But once you had her trust, she never let it go.

There were some things in life that just made sense. Like Cory and Topnaga. Cory and Shawn. Riley and Maya. But Josh and Maya... Maya thought that made sense. She thought that she and Josh were the perfect match. She thought that they would have the type of relationship that her best friends parents had, and the relationship that her mother and step father were proving to have. But it seeed as if Maya had a giant target on her back, and life had the bow and arrows.

"I'm sure its nothing, Maya." Riley said as she looked over her best friends shoulder. Some girl from NYU had posted a photo of her at a party, and in the background was Josh with his arm around another girl. "She's probably just a friend. You know how Zay likes to put his arm around you."

"I know." Maya lied. "I know, you're right. I'm sure its nothing." She ignored the pain in her chest as she exited out of Instagram and put a fake smile on her face.

"Maya, he loves you. Josh loves you and he would never do anything to hurt your relationship." Riley told her. Maya nodded.

"I know, Riley. Josh wouldn't do that to me." But she couldn't help the doubt that crept into her mind, ignoring her heart telling her that it wasn't true.

The doubts got stronger as she called him that night and he didnt answer. The third time he sent her straight to voicemail. 'He could be studying' she told herself. 'sometimes if he's in the middle of something important he does this. I'm sure he'll call back later.' but he didnt.

"Maya you know how college is. He told you when you first started dating that he wouldn't be able to talk to you every night." Maya didnt say anything as Riley tried to talk to her. Maya nodded.

"I know, I trust him." She said. "I trust him." She repeated.

"I saw your boyfriend all over Instagram last night." Maya turned form her locker to come face to face with Susan Smith. A Senior in their high school class. "Didnt know that you two were broken up." She said, a smug look on her face.

"We aren't." Maya stated as she clutched her books to her chest. Riley coming to stand beside her. Susan chuckled.

"Wow, someone should tell him that." She walked away with her friends, laughing as Maya watched them walk away.

"You know it is kind of a longshot." Maya turned to look at another one of their classmates that were leaning up against the lockers. "He's in college, Maya. Did you really expect him to stay with a high schooler?" More laughs echoed as Maya walked away and pushed Lucas out of her way as she went, ignoring her friends calls for her to come back.

She couldn't take it, if he were cheating on her then he should at least have the guts to tell her to her face. She paced her room as she clutched her phone into her hands. She had tried to call Josh three times and each time she got voicemail. She was trying to talk herself out of doing something stupid. Trying to talk herself out of going straight to NYU and marching to Josh's doorstep, when there was a knock on her window. She looked up and noticed Josh standing outside.