I want a Baby

"Ugh. I just want to die." Maya walked through the door of the apartment and threw her stuff down on the ground before plopping down on the couch.

Josh, who was currently sitting at the kitchen table and hovering over what looked like hundreds of papers scattered around the table, snapped his head up at his wife as she threw herself on the couch.

"Welcome home, dear. Lovely to see you, too." He said sarcastically. Maya rolled her head back onto the couch and to the side so she could look at him.

"I just got back from Riley and Lucas's. My back hurts, my feet throb and I'm pretty sure Kaylee put a booger into my drink when I wasn't looking." She sighed as she took her shoes off and placed her feet on the coffee table. "Taking care of those kids is great birth control."

Josh gave her a small smile before he placed his pen down on the paper and got up from his seat. "Sounds to me like you're the only babysitter that they are willing to stay with." He made his way over towards the back of the couch and placed his hands on her shoulders, pressing down and starting to rub. "Riles said she keeps asking for you anytime they tell her they're going out for the night."

"I think it's because she loves to torture me." Maya moaned lightly as he worked her muscles over. "It's Lucas's fault. He's getting all his revenge on me over the years through her."

"Sounds like you've had a hard day." Josh leaned down and kissed her ear gently.

"The hardest." Maya pouted. His lips grazed over her cheek before going further down towards her neck.

"You deserve to relax." His hands trialed down her shoulders and arms and then back up again. Maya grinned. "How about a bath?"

"As long as you join me." She leaned her head back and their lips met over the back of the couch. As Maya raised her hand up to wrap her fingers in his hair, a knock on the door sounded causing them both to break apart and look over towards the door.

"Who is that?" Maya asked as she looked above the door with narrowed eyebrows at the clock. It was half past eight. Not too terribly late, but still late enough for their to be visitors.

Josh straightened up and started towards the door. He looked through the peep hole and bit his lip as he looked back at Maya with a small grin on his face. He opened the door and Lucas was standing there with both kids in his arms.

"Sorry to come in this late. Riley's water just broke and we have to get to the hospital but didn't want to drag the kids along. Your place is on the way." Lucas said as he set the kids down on the ground. "I'll call you with updates." Was all he said before he turned around and ran down the hall towards the elevators.

Josh, Maya and the kids all stood there for a moment, the adults in shock, the kids in confusion.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Maya broke the silence. Josh snapped his head to her and gave her a look. Maya shut her mouth and pursed her lips together. "I mean freaking." She got up off the couch as Josh gently pushed the kids inside the apartment and shut the door.

"Are you heading up to the hospital?" Josh asked as he helped the kids get their coats off and place them on the chair in the corner along with the stuff that they were holding.

"Nah. After getting kicked out of the hospital room the last two times, it would seem a waste to do it a third." She stretched out her arms as Kaylee looked up at her and gave her a toothy grin.

"Aunt Aya!" She called out and ran to Maya's arms. Maya gave a tired sigh before smiling and hugging her back. At only three years old, she was still having trouble pronouncing her M sounds.