Speak now

Requests are open! ❤️
________________________
Josh stared down at the invitation that he got almost a month ago. He bit his upper lip as looked at the picture that was on it of Maya and her soon to be husband. Their wedding day was today and as of in the next couple of hours she would be married. Josh sighed as he blinked back the tears as he read the invitation over and over again. His girl, the love of his life was about to give herself away to some other man.

Josh stood up and crumbled up the piece of paper and threw it away. Josh use to be able to call Maya his, every night he use to be able to hold her in his arms, kiss her when he wanted to, talk to her when he needed to. Then all of that stopped after he moved back to Philadelphia.

They were to busy, their schedules got hectic, and they just didn't have time for each other anymore. So they decided to break up for the time being. It was a mutual thing, nobody broke up with anyone thy just both decided to walk away from each other and come back later.

Josh had met up with a girl that he use to know growing up and he had began to grow feelings for her. So Josh went ahead and broke things off for good with him and Maya, which she responded to by saying she understood. Josh dated her for a few months before calling it quits with her. Then by the time he had realized that he still had feelings for Maya she was already engaged and happy. So Josh stepped back for her benefit.

Josh had heard the rumors that had spread through the family of Maya's fiancé Chad beating her. He had heard the rumors of him coming home drunk and forcing himself on her. Of course at first Josh didn't believe them because he couldn't rap his head around the fact that Maya would really stay with someone like that. Then as he watched Maya more and more as her and Chad came over for family dinners and get togethers, his internship with the FBI has been able to let him pick up on the signs of abuse. That's when he started to get angry.

He started to have Chad followed by some of his high up friends and found out more than he wanted too. Josh had tried to talk to Maya but it was like she was on a leash and Chad was the owner. Everywhere she was Chad was right beside her with her. It's like he didn't want Maya alone with anyone especially him.

But right now, at this very moment, the question is was Josh really going to stand back and let Maya make the biggest mistake of her life. Was Josh really willing to risk getting that phone call from Shawn or Riley that something had happened to Maya because Chad had a bad day. Maybe it was the alcohol that was talking up at this point, maybe it wasn't completely out of his system from the night before and that's why he was currently grabbing his keys and heading over to the church.

All that Josh knew was that he wasn't about to get that phone call saying Maya was dead. He wasn't about to let her get treated like crap for the rest of her life. Maya deserved way better than that, and he could give her way better than that.

Josh pulled up to the church and turned off the car isn't even bothering to grab his keys from the ignition. He shut the door and fast walked into the church. He looked around and finally saw his mom standing by the bathrooms.

"Mom!" He yelled as he fast walked over to her.  His mother looked over at him and her eyes widened.

"Josh? Honey what are you doing here? I thought this would be to hard for you." Amy said as she put her hand on his shoulder.

"Mom I need to know where Maya is." Josh said in a low voice not disturbing the people around them. Amy tilted her head at him.