Long Trips

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a great week! Hope you all enjoy this next chapter!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya bounced her leg up and down as she leaned her head back on the seat. They had already been in the car for over an hour. She was fast approaching board as everyone had started falling asleep one by one. Cory driving the van with music playing in the background. Topanga already dozed off in the passenger seat beside him.

The Matthews had rented a huge van to take everyone to the Matthew's annual family reunion that was taking place in Philly. Even though they were going to be in the car for only a couple of hours, Maya hated long road trips. Especially with this many people.

Auggie, Shawn and Katy were in the middle row of the van. Shawn and Katy had decided just to carpool with the Matthews since they were renting the van. This left Riley, Maya, and Josh in the back.

Why Josh was here with them, Maya didnt have a clue. If there was anyone that hated crowded vehicles and long road trips more than her, it was Josh. But when he asked Maya to ride with him, Riley insisted that Maya ride with her instead. So instead of just driving down there himself, Josh decided that he'll just go with them.

Although Maya found it sweet that Josh would decide to ride with them just so he could be with her instead of driving down himself, her legs were screaming in protest right now as she was practically squashed between Riley and Josh.

Riley had zonked out within the first few minutes of the ride as she had stayed up late the night before drilling Maya with her family history. Josh had even had his eyes closed, his head resting on the window as they drove. Maya had reason to believe it might be because of a headache he normally got whenever he was in a crowded area. Not that he didnt love his family, they could just get loud quite often.

Maya would have been asleep by now, if it weren't for the fact that she just couldn't get comfortable. Josh and Riley had both chosen end seats because both of them wanted to sit by Maya, getting into a quiet argument about who wanted Maya's attention more.

Maya and Cory were the only ones that were still awake. The music in the background had prevented Maya to be able to talk to Cory, considering she would have to speak pretty loud for him to even hear her. Maya sighed as she shifted in her seat again. This was the last time she would allow herself to be squished in the middle like this. She would hitchhike home if she had to.

Just as she went to shift again, An arm reached from under the blanket that was across the three of them and landed on her thigh. Maya froze, she could tell it was Josh, because Riley was as still as a brick.

"Stop moving." Josh mumbled to her as his hand squeezed her thigh. Maya squirmed, but for a different reason now. She moved her head to the side so she could see him better.

His head was still laying against the window and his eyes were still closed. He had a slight smirk on his face though, telling Maya that his intentions were no longer to sleep. Maya risked a glance at Cory, he was still driving and humming along to the music. Maya turned back to Josh.

"You would be moving to if you were squished between two seat hogs." Maya complained. "I swear, if I weren't here, you and Riley would be fighting over who gets the extra space in the middle."

"Or if you had just rode with me none of this would be happening. You could have had all the leg room you wanted." He teased her, the smirk on his face widening, his eyes still closed. Maya rolled her eyes at him.

"Like Riley would have allowed that to happen. I believe this all could have been avoided if you had let Riley ride with us in your car instead of telling her no." Maya retorted. Josh let out a scoff.

"No way. It's called alone time with your girlfriend for a reason. Not alone time with your girlfriend and her best friend." He stated.

"You know, a lot of couples do that. Look at your brother and Shawn growing up. Topanga had to endure that her whole life." Maya told him.

"It's different when it's your niece that's the best friend in question here. Everyone knows I would be the third wheel if I allowed that to happen." Josh told her. Maya smiled.

"So was Topanga." Maya retorted. Josh shifted slightly to where he was slouched down in his seat and his head was now resting on the back of the seat. His hand resting instead of gripping on Maya's upper thigh.

"I refuse to acknowledge your point." He said, Maya laughed as she slouched down and rested her head on his shoulder.

"That's because you know I'm right." She smiled. She brought her hand down under the blanket and intwined their fingers together. Maya planed her other arm over his and wrapped his arm in a hug as she closed her eyes.

That's how they sat for a while, Maya finally comfortable enough to where she might be able to fall asleep. Josh laying his head on top of hers, both of them in complete comfortable silence as they had finally found that nice spot.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading. Sorry for it being a little shorter than usual. Hope you guys have a great week! Until next time!