Interview with Yang Xiao Long

We see Yang entering a place where an a male interviewer is awaiting on one seat and Yang takes the other before taking off the sunglasses she has on.

Then after a wait and a quick "hello" shared between the two, we see the interviewer starting with the first question which is who is Yang Xiao Long, because yes, she's good in the ring, but who is she.

Yang answers that she's someone trying to live life as well as she can, seeing that she's lost her foster mother a long time ago and her true mother abandoned her and she'd rather leave it at that thank you very much, hit rock bottom due to a chain of events that included losing her arm (here she moves the prostetic arm) and Blake for a period of time which sent her into depression.

Then to try to lift up the mood the interviewer tries to ask another question and that is to what extent does her stubborness reach since being stubborn sometimes leads to victories.

Yang just snorts and tells him "If you knew for how long i was searching for my real mother, trust me you'd be able to say that i am WAY more stubborn than the rest of the roster" before asking to move on to another question.

The interviewer then moves on and asks Yang if she's proud of that stubborness of her.

Yang then says that while being stubborn is good, in the past she felt ashamed because of it since it almost got Ruby killed and if there is one thing she can't afford to have it happen to her is to lose anyone else closer to her or else a breakdown or depression will be imminent and she ain't sure if she can persevere through another one.

To move on from the awkward position they were in, the interviewer asks another question related with the previous one which is if what she just said means she ain't stubborn but something else in her matches.

Yang responds that she's still stubborn, just not as much as back then seeing how being stubborn is a double edged sword since it can lead to one losing what they care about.

Finally, the interviewer asks one (seemingly) last question: "What are you hoping to achieve in UCW?"

Yang simply answers that she hopes to first protect Ruby which gets a concerned glare from the interviewer since this shows how much Yang is about protecting Ruby which is good but to this point it starts to show that she's still affected by the past and all and prompts him to slide in accidental questioms which are "I get you care about Ruby, but isn't she capable of defending herself though?. Like, she even got a shot at the Women's Title last year so maybe you should let her be and focus on your goals?" and this gets Yang a tiny bit pissed off and she simply crosses her arms and tells him if they can move on with the previous question because he ain't changing her mind on protecting Ruby and the interviewer just nods (noting that Yang doesn't seem to like to be pressed on that) and afterwards yang returns to a cool grin as she says that she doesn't mind fighting any of the champions, heck her goal is to win the Women's Title but comparing the champions, she is more tempted to go for the Openweight Title, merely because that champion is the only one who doesn't cheat and would make for an interesting bout compared to the other two who no offense but with Blake's help or by herself she could beat easier than with the Openweight Champion.

After this we see the interviewer thanking Yang for her time and her leaving the room as the interviewer notes down to not press on with Yang's protection of Ruby or at least not in a so direct way to end the interview and segment.