UCW Road to Glory or Demise 2 #5

Intercontinental Championship match: Kagerou vs Daniel Dickens (c):

This match, beyond the oddity of neither of the two feeling like good people at all, was pretty standard  with it being back and forth between holds and submission attempts with Daniel having the edge as Shovel Knight's shovel strike on Kagerou's back was still in effect and this actually allowed Daniel to cause a reverse of the IC Title match as in him being on edge 75/25 with Kagerou only managing to even the score through mind games. Pretty much the entire match went from back and forth to Daniel's rule the moment the back came into play.

As for the mind games, it basically was Kagerou trying to scare off Daniel via feints and switching direction of offense. Ie he'd seemingly go for the high kick only to then strike a fist to the gut or go for one submission then transition into another entirely different and to his credit, even if attacking the back would disrupt this, Kagerou was crafty enough to make it work so props to him for managing to keep his control segments as lengthy as possible.

In the end though, Daniel's reign continued followed a kick to Kagerou's back which dropped him to a knee and allowed Danny to struck with a Diving DDT for the clean pinfall victory.

After the match, we see Shovel Knight attacking Kagerou once again and looking down on him, with Edward instead looking up at Daniel and the Intercontinental Championship with intentions of winning it once this charade was over and then Shovel Knight jumped Daniel with the shovel...and here we go again as Edward dropkicked SK back and a battle broke out before security came in and separated them to close this portion of the show.

Extra Tag Team Championship N1 Contender's match: Tsurugi Kenzaki and Hasumi Hanekawa vs Luna Tsukuyomi and Ginka Shirogane:

This match starts wirh Tsurugi and Hasumi playing the safe card (or a byproduct of it due to Tsurugi) and keep Luna away from Ginka trying to have an easy dub as they know that submission attempts as good as they can be won't work against them since Tsurugi can just go ram the lighter Luna into a corner and Hasumi's also good with submissions thus even if she got surprised, she could manage and transition into a submission of her own thus this being the perfect plan as with quick tags in play, they got a solid 75/25 lead which seemed unmovable and to enable a green light for a title shot against the Extra Tag Team Champions.

However, what they didn't expect was for Luna to start using her smarts and get creative during the last third of the match and start trying to get the tag by squirming in and out of Hasumi's submissions to confuse her and try to use Tsurugi's rams to try getting away from enemy territory and then scramble to her team's corner...which ended up happening after a miscommunication between the opponents!.

From here on out, while the opposition still had the edge, it was just 65/35 which may not seem too much of a discount but considering Tsurugi and Hasumi had a good game plan that had worked so well beforehand, Ginka's performance to reduce the lead was pivotal for the match to not end quick as she was able to block and counter Tsurugi's style of brawling and strength and was able to sometimes prevent being trapped into submission holds by Hasumi which complicated things even if the number's game was a factor and all.

In the end though, a Doomsday Device from Tsurugi and Hasumi onto Ginka (Hasumi made the cover) was good enough to win the match clean.

Goku's announcement:

Goku (from his office): I apologize for inrerrupting the flow of the show but i have an announcement to make that is really quick. I'm sure by now we've all seen how Elias sees Link as undeserving of the UCW World Championship due to not wrestling ever since he won the Lethal Lottery briefcase. Well, i've got a solution to applacate Elias' complaint that i know Link would have no issues with.
From the next Road To up to Glory or Demise 2, Link will be in one on one matches defending his title shot where should he lose at any point, then the one to beat him will go on to face Elias Samson for the UCW World Championship. With that out of the way, i leave you all with the main event of this road to.