UCW High Impact #69

1- Non-Title match: Simon with Kamina vs Mori with Kazuma:
The purposes of this match were:
-To show how Kazuma was right on asking for Mori's help since while the latter didn't exactly ever gain the upper hand against Simon...he did put him in trouble at some points thanks to his speed.
-To show how even with speed being at play, Simon was also fundamenting the why Kazuma asked for backup since Simon had a solid 70/30 lead over Mori.
In the end, Simon connected the Lagann Drill (Hangman's DDT) and covered Mori to get the clean victory.
After the match we just see Simon telling Kazuma that he just went through his backup and that come Episode 71, he was gonna retain the title by beating him and Kazuma just telling him that his smarts will pull this off and then grabbing Mori and leaving with him while the crowd cheers for Simon winning.

2- We see Shovel Knight and Kagerou coming down to the ring and entering while being booed by the crowd as they go to grab mics:

Shovel Knight: So, you may be wondering why did i align with Kagerou over here...simple, imagine that you're trying normally to make someone act the right way but they don't get it no matter what you do.
One would say that you need to have patience...well trust me i had patience trying to redirect Edward Mason into a hero way of doing things.
However, then it comes our bet against the Wattersons where if we lost i'd accept his way and here we are.
I am not the bad guy of the story, i am someone who is holding their end of the bargain by acting like Edward is...however, this also serves to prove to him how dangerous it can be to fall down into a pit of evilness because yes you may get gold like i will on Episode 71...but what about after you lose said title, you are gonna try to change for the better after having some rough months but NO ONE will buy it because of your past actions.
What i am trying to say is that this is me both holding the end of our promise AND showing Edward how being a bad person is not good because what is momentary success compared to eternal bad reputation that no one will forgive you for even if you try to change?.
Anyways, moving onto why i and Kagerou aligned it's because of what i just said and because of quite a simple motive in the case of my partner over here. Take it away Kagerou!.

Kagerou: Well, well, well. My motive for joining Shovel Knight are simple, i crave for attention and being on the spotlight hence my excentric attitude and mannerisms and so when i realized that Shovel Knight had gotten the Intercontinental Championship match, i decided to help him because if i am with the Intercontinental Champion...then i am on the spotlight, i am getting more attention than i would without being around a champion.
Essentially, i am doing this not just because of Shovel Knight but for the spotlight that being right beside him can bring to me.

Shovel Knight: Told you all that Kagerou didn't have the greatest explanation ever.
Anyways, we know who i am facing, in Seiji Sawamura someone who can win against number's game...however, when you have someone like me who is pretty skilled at using what he can and someone who'd do anything for the spotlight backing me up in Kagerou over here, you have odds + skill + an obligatory NEED for something and thus his advantage goes off the window which means that i get the advantage and i will walk out the new Intercontinental Champion.

*The segment ends with SK and Kagerou leaving while getting booed by the crowd*

3- Wicked Twisters (Neku and Beat) vs Tom and Jerry:
The purposes of this match were:
-To show how Tom and Jerry separated Beat from Neku because they knew he was the brawns of the team and thus they saw him correctly as the weak point of it compared to Neku.
-To show that the reason Tom and Jerry did the thing above was so they could use their intelligence to gain a 70/30 lead since they kept outsmarting Beat be it by things from silent tags that he didn't notice to letting him tire himself out and then attack him.
-To show how even at disadvantage and all, when Beat managed to grab a hold of someone, the dude was able to turn the match on it's head and give a 60/40 lead to his team since while Tom snd Jerry were smarter than Beat, the latter was too powerful for them and even despite the number's game being in their favor, which was why the Wicked Twisters didn't gain an even bigger lead, the lead was still there.
-To show how once Neku got tagged in, things REALLY got problematic for Tom and Jerry since they had to constantly double team Neku to force the match into a back and forth state and that wasn't even guaranteed most of the time since Neku was as smart, if not more, than them and thus whenever they tried to double team him or teamwork against him, Neku was able to avoid getting trapped most of the time which made it a struggle for Tom and Jerry to get offense in and when that didn't happen, Neku gave his team a 70/30 lead.
In the end, Neku went for a suplex on Tom who managed to reverse it into one of his own before holding on to Neku and dragging him towards Jerry who quickly connected the Helluva Kick as Tom held Neku in place and then Tom covered him as Beat got taken down by Jerry with a dropkick to win the match cleanly.
After the match, we see Tom and Jerry about to try and beat down Beat who fights them off for a bit before once again number's game catches up to him and then Tom and Jerry have to run away from the ring as Rindo and Fret (the other two members of the Wicked Twisters) come running down to the ring.

After a commercial break, we see Tom and Jerry backstage with a pair of mics:

Tom: *breathing hard* We....did it!. We beat....someone like you both Digimon!

Jerry: And come Episode 71, we are taking those titles!. Let's leave Tom, geez was that match hard and we need to rest to regain our strength

4- *We see Sekiro and Jin Sakai seating on a place where the wind blows and then getting up with their eyes closed before saying just a few words...*

Jin: SAO, we have a partner for Greed and we'll see you there.

*...before the segment comes to a conclussion*

5- We see Wario and Waluigi talking amongst themselves about something that cannot be heard and then they leave while laughing...however the camera reveals to us that Johnny Cage was listening on what the Greedy Bastards had said and then smirks before walking towards the stage entrance from backstage for his match.

6- Shovel Knight vs Johnny Cage:
The purposes of this math were:
-To show how dangerous the SK and Kagerou combo were because of both SK being good in the ring and Kagerou attempting at all costs to help his partner since it would put him on the spotlight AND he knew that losing would give Johnny the spotlight and he wasn't gonna let that happen.
-To show how the dangerousness of said combo gifted a 65/35 lead to SK and said lead not being bigger showed how good Johnny was in the ring and why he deserved to call himself as the GFOE (Greatest Fighter of Earth) since he was able to not get squashed despite being in a 2 on 1 situation.
In the end, Kagerou tried to screw over Johnny with a chair attack but out of nowhere came Seiji Sawamura to knock him out with a DRH and this opened a chance for Johnny to connect a Shadow Kick on Shovel Knight and cover him to get the clean victory.
After the match, we see Wario and Wlauigi running to attack Johnny who ducks under their clotheslines, gives Waluigi a Shadow Kick, escapes a Wario Landing attempt and then gives a Shadow Kick to Wario taking him down.

The show ends with the crowd being mixed as Johnny Cage and Seiji Sawamura stand tall since they do not like the former but they do like seeing the Greedy Bastards, Shovel Knight and Kagerou getting their comeuppance.