Chapter 601

Chapter 601 Hu Qianyue Insisted on Seeing Her

When Mo Xuetong and Feng Yuran returned to King Xuan’s Manor, Crown Prince Xieyue and Princess Caifeng had not returned yet. Feng Yuran sent someone to ask about it and heard that King Yan had invited them over. He could not help but sneer and brought Mo Xuetong to the main courtyard. It would be better if Princess Caifeng was willing to get involved with Feng Yulei.

Feng Yulei’s sudden release had already caught Feng Yuxuan and Feng Yuzhen off guard. The two of them had not done anything to Feng Yulei earlier because they thought that Feng Yulei would not have a chance to rise again. However, they did not expect that Feng Yulei would be released at this national banquet. Furthermore, Princess Caifeng was obviously very interested in him. It would be strange if the two of them could sit still.

Feng Yuran sent Mo Xuetong to the main courtyard and told her to leave the Crown Prince and Princess of the Southern Barbarian Lands alone. Anyway, their courtyards were close to the second door; Aunt Xianglan was in charge of Princess Caifeng’s courtyard and she would arrange everything. He told Mo Xuetong not to pay any attention to them before he returned to his Jinwei Pavilion.

King Xuan’s Manor was no longer the one full of women looking for trouble. Other than the few concubines who needed to be there, Feng Yuran had already prepared his men to guard it closely.

Mo Xuetong knew that he still had something to do, so she did not ask him to stay. Since she had just woken up, she did not want to sleep any longer. As such, she asked Mo Lan to stay in the room and had a chat with her. While they were talking, Aunt Xianglan who was in charge of the Princess’ courtyard came to say that Miss Hu, who had come to the Qin Kingdom with Princess Caifeng, heard that Consort Xuan had come back and wanted to come and visit.

Mo Xuetong did not expect that there was another guest to entartain. She thought for a moment and said, “Invite Miss Hu here.” Anyway, they were guests from afar, so she had to meet them. Given that she had been claiming to be sick before, Mo Xuetong asked Mo Lan to put a big screen in front of the bed. Then, she used ginger water to dye her face yellow, loosened her hair, and lay on the bed. Now half of her face was covered, and the muslin bed curtains were draping around the bed.

As soon as they finished doing it, Hu Qianyue and her maidservant followed Aunt Xianglan into the main courtyard where Mo Xuetong lived.

A national banquet was held today. Hu Qianyue had her own purpose for coming here with Princess Caifeng, but it could not be told to others. To outsiders, she only said that Princess Caifeng needed her company, so she came here all the way and would go back later. On their way here, she was very solicitous to Princess Caifeng, and the latter was also very pleased with her.

Today, she had been considering who she should send to kill Mo Xuetong in the yard out the city while keeping an eye on the front yard to see if the Crown Prince and Princess had come back. She didn’t expect that the Crown Prince and Princess didn’t come back but she learned the news about Consort Xuan’s return. It was said that she came back with King Xuan. However, the Crown Prince and Princess, who came to the banquet with the King Xuan, didn’t come back with him.

It was not that Hu Qianyue was worried that something would happen to the two of them. However, she could not understand why King Xuan, as the host, did not accompany them but came back first. An idea flashed through her mind. Could it be that Consort Xuan was seriously ill? She was delighted but still had doubts. Then she came to visit Mo Xuetong to find out the truth.

She followed the maidservant to the main courtyard of the manor. The scenery was so beautiful that Hu Qianyue, who often admired the Southern Barbarian Lands’ palace, could not help but sigh in admiration. Trees shaded the roads; flowers and grass swayed; there were also rockeries and streams. From time to time, she could see red tiles among the green trees. It was a serene view. A few red leaves fell from the trees and danced with the wind above the road paved with oval stones, making her feel peaceful and at ease. It seemed that King Xuan’s little wife did have a fine taste.