Chapter 722

Chapter 722 The Letter That Hadn’t Been Sent out

Coming out of the Old Madam’s courtyard and returning to her own courtyard, Madam Qu was so angry that she gritted her teeth and almost shattered them. She grasped the things by her hand and threw them to the ground. In a while, all kinds of expensive porcelains were broken all over the ground. The young and old maidservants were so frightened that they trembled. They stood at the door and did not dare to move, afraid that they would annoy their mad mistress and get themselves into trouble.

When the things in the room were almost smashed, Madam Qu stopped, panting. She sat in a pile of broken utensils with a gloomy face. After a long time, she stood up and ordered the nanny coming from her parents’ home to come in. Then she took out a letter from her arms. It was the letter that she had planned to send out of the manor today. It was the evidence that she had collected after a long time of collating. Originally, she wanted to send it out in person.

It seemed that she couldn’t do it now. That damned old woman was after her.

“You damned old woman, you’re about to die. How could you meddle in my affairs? When the evidence is sent out, the entire Fu General Manor’s property would be confiscated. Will you still have the energy to meddle in my affairs? As long as these things are exposed in the next few days, and before those vixens marry into the manor, it would be impossible for them to enter the manor!”

That was what Madam Qu thought, so she repeatedly told the nanny to urge her conspirators to take action as soon as possible. She had to destroy Fu General Manor within three days. At least, she had to keep the people of Fu General Manor under control. Madam Qu was not worried about herself at all. With Duke Mingguo’s guarantee, it was impossible for anything to happen to her.

Furthermore, her husband was not the successor of Fu General Manor, and they would have to be a branch of the family in the future.

The nanny was a trusted subordinate of Madam Qu. After receiving her order, she did not stay any longer and went straight out of the manor. Madam Qu had been in charge of the inner manor of Fu General Manor, so she could easily make her people go out.

After that, Madam Qu anxiously waited for news in the manor. Although she had communicated with the other side, she was not sure if they would listen to her, especially when she repeatedly urged them to hurry up. She did not know if Mingguo Manor would be so fast. As for the fact that the Old Madam asked her to tidy up several courtyards for the new concubines, she did not care at all.

As it was impossible for them to marry into the manor, why did she have to care about it?

While she was both anxious and worried, and could only wait for Mingguo Manor’s final word, Mo Xuetong had already gotten her letter. Mo Feng had tactfully replaced the letter with another one the moment Madam Qu’s nanny left the manor. And now, the letter was placed on the table in front of Mo Xuetong.

When the seal was broken, Mo Xuetong saw a thick stack of papers inside the envelope. Some of them were old and some of them were broken. It was obvious that they had been around for a long time. They had faint yellow creases on them. However, there were still a few new ones. The small characters of plum blossoms style on them were written by Madam Qu. She had explained the broken characters or old pieces of papers in detail.

It could be seen that it took her a lot of effort and they were not collected overnight. Judging from it, Madam Qu had planned it for a long time. In the past, she might have just wanted to find out the truth, but now she had intended to send it out directly; she wanted to overthrow the entire Fu General Manor. Mo Xuetong pursed her lips, with more coldness in her eyes.