Chapter 626

Chapter 626 Hu Qianyue’s Panic

In the main hall, the seats on the left were still for men and those on the right were for women. The Empress Dowager was not feeling well and did not attend the banquet. The Empress did not come either. Emperor Zongwen sat high, and beside him were two imperial noble consorts, Imperial Noble Consort Wen and Consort Su. Below Consort Wen sat the Fifth Princess and the Sixth Princess, and then, You Yue’e and Mo Xuetong, as well as Princess Caifeng and Hu Qianyue, followed by the noble ladies of various manors.

Consort Su was beside King Chu, followed by King Yan, King Xuan, King Ning, and Crown Prince Xieyue. The top three scholars sat behind them, followed by the sons of officials and aristocratic families.

The main purpose of this banquet was to congratulate the Number One Scholar, and the scholars in the second and third place. Therefore, although the three of them did not have a position in the court yet, they were very close to the front, which made people think highly of the three, especially the talented and handsome Number One Scholar and the man in the third place, who were not yet married. This made the young ladies on the opposite side blush.

Among the three of them, Qin Yufeng was the most handsome. Furthermore, he came from an extraordinary family and had long been well-known in the capital. He was talented and handsome, so he received the most attention. Besides, it was said that the Emperor was secretly interested in bestowing marriage upon him, which caused many noble ladies to look at him shyly from time to time.

“Consort Xuan, is that the Number One Scholar?” Mo Xuetong was bored and leaned against her chair watching the singing and dancing in the main hall when Princess Caifeng suddenly smiled at her and asked. There was not a hint of grudge in her words, as if she was not the one who wanted to kill Mo Xuetong in the Empress Dowager’s palace earlier.

Seeing that she was pointing in the direction of Qin Yufeng, Mo Xuetong put on a smile and said, “Yes!”

Since Princess Caifeng did not mention it, she might as well not ask. She wanted to see what Princess Caifeng was up to.

“Qianyue, what do you think of the Number One Scholar?” Princess Caifeng smiled politely at Mo Xuetong before she turned around and asked Hu Qianyue, who was seated beside her.

Hu Qianyue was stunned. For a moment, she did not understand the meaning behind Princess Caifeng’s words. She followed Princess Caifeng’s gaze and saw a handsome young master. She immediately nodded and replied with a smile, “The Number One Scholar is indeed outstanding. It’s rare for such a handsome man to have such a literary talent.”

Usually, many Number One Scholars were old, and it was the first time for Hu Qianyue to have seen such a handsome young man who had already become the Number One Scholar, so she couldn’t help but nod and praise him.

Princess Caifeng leaned back and said softly as if she was joking, “Qianyue, how about I tell Elder brother later to let you marry the Number One Scholar? At that time, we can still be together and live happily in the Qin Kingdom. We can also take care of each other.”

“I…” Hu Qianyue was shocked, and her face suddenly turned pale. She was so shocked that the tea in her hand almost fell on her body. She hurriedly put the teacup on the table, but some water had already poured on her dress. Fortunately, she was wearing a lot of clothes at this time, and the water was on the edge of the skirt, so others couldn’t see it at the moment.

Mo Xuetong did not turn around. She seemed to be focused on the song and dance in the hall. The dancer was like a fairy in the sky, which was really attractive. Almost everyone in the hall was attracted by it. If Mo Xuetong had not felt a little uncomfortable because of the hot eyes on the opposite side, she would not have been able to hear what Princess Caifeng and Hu Qianyue said.