Chapter 603

Chapter 603 Princess Caifeng’s Face Being Disfigured

Princess Caifeng was not badly hit. It was just a little scratch at most. Even though Ling Mingyan was rash, she was not a fool. As such, the two carriages bumped into each other slightly. Furthermore, she had been knocked down and fainted. On the surface, the two carriages had collided accidentally, and she, Marquess Mingguo’s wife, was more gravely injured.

But in fact, Princess Caifeng’s injury was more serious than hers, because the princess’s face was scratched. It could be imagined how important the face was to an unmarried girl. Originally, Princess Caifeng wanted to use this face to attract Feng Yuran’s attention, but now there was a scratch from the corner of her right eye to the corner of her mouth on her face. The long scar ruined her overall beauty. Although it was not deep, the physician said that she had to rest for at least a month and be very careful with her diet to ensure that it would not leave a scar on her face.

Princess Caifeng, who was proud and arrogant and had wanted to be Consort Xuan, could not bear it. She smashed almost all the things in the yard. Then, she screamed, took away the palace maids beside her and beat them up. Later she sat among the fragments all over the ground, gritted her teeth, and slowly calmed down.

Princess Caifeng had grown up in the imperial harem, so she had seen many incidents like this one! The consorts in the imperial harem had gotten the Emperor’s favor just because of their good looks. When the other consorts could not bear to see one rise, they would plot various accidents and disfigure her face that the Emperor cherished. Just like what happened today, it could not just be an accident.

Since it was her first time to come to the capital, she had deliberately asked the coachman to slow down the pace. How could she crash into another carriage at such a slow speed? Moreover, she was knocked out of the carriage and fell to the ground, where a bamboo pole with a pointed end was erected!

What a coincidence! It was so coincidental that she knew she had been set up without even thinking about it. Furthermore, the person who had set her up was definitely Consort Yan. Marquess Mingguo’s wife was just her sister-in-law!

“Qianyue, have you looked into the matter?” Princess Caifeng asked with a gloomy face after she ordered the palace maids who were cleaning up the broken pieces to leave.

“I have sent someone to investigate it and also sent some people to confirm with Crown Prince. Marquess Mingguo’s wife is from a great family. She is the legitimate daughter of Ding General. The Empress and Empress Dowager of the Qin Kingdom are both from Ding General Manor. She is a descendant of a famous Empress’s family and is very noble.”

Hu Qianyue carefully lifted her dress and skillfully sidestepped the fragments at her feet. She sat down on a stool beside her and told her what she had found out while the imperial physician was dealing with Princess Caifeng’s wound.

The pain on Princess Caifeng’s face frequently reminded her that the woman had plotted against her. “What’s that woman’s name?” she asked through gritted teeth.

“Ling Mingyan, the eldest legitimate daughter of Ding General, the niece of the Empress, and the grand-niece of the Empress Dowager,” Hu Qianyue replied, briskly raising her eyebrows. “This woman’s identity is even nobler than an ordinary princess in the Qin Kingdom.”

“So what? I’ll definitely give her a hard time.” Princess Caifeng wanted nothing more than for Ling Mingyan to appear in front of her right now and she would tear her apart.

“Your Highness, how do you want to deal with her? Her current status is different from ordinary people. Besides, her carriage just collided with yours. If something happens to her, everyone will suspect you. After all, we are in the Qin Kingdom now, and we don’t have enough manpower to use. On the one hand, we have to deal with Consort Xuan, and on the other hand, we have to deal with Ling Mingyan. It’s sort of difficult for us.”