Chapter 682

Chapter 682 The Secret of the Seven-colored Cloud Fabric

You Yue’e sat on the other side of the Sixth Princess. She was not interested in what the other people were talking about. She shot a glance at the Cloud Fabric and seemed to have thought of something as a bitter smile full of loneliness tugged at her lips. Then, she stared at the Cloud Fabric dazedly. In everyone’s eyes, You Yue’e was attracted by the Seven-colored Cloud Fabric.

In fact, it was not a big deal. You Yue’e was not the only one who was stunned by the beautiful Cloud Fabric, so no one felt anything unusual. After all, everyone would be envious of the one who owned such a piece of fabric. All the people present were women and could understand each other’s minds. It was normal for them to be attracted to such a gorgeous fabric at first sight.

The Sixth Princess smiled and said softly, “Third Sister-in-law, I’ll re-gift this dress to you. I happened to be ill when you held the birthday party and didn’t come out of the palace to celebrate your birthday. Now I’ll take this as a birthday gift. Please don’t mind it, Third Sister-in-law.”

When You Yue’e had held a birthday party, Feng Yulei was still grounded, so they kept a low profile and did not inform others. Even if others knew about it, it was impossible for them to come to the party. Now the Sixth Princess said that she didn’t come because she was ill, which sounded both pleasant and kind.

You Yue’e was stunned when she heard that. She could not figure out what the Sixth Princess meant. As the Sixth Princess wanted to send such beautiful Seven-colored Cloud Fabric to her with sincerity, and she spoke in such a tactful manner, she could not reject it even though she was not in a good mood. She nodded at the Sixth Princess and said, “Many thanks, Sixth Princess.”

Then, she asked her maidservant to take the tray from the palace maid.

In the blink of an eye, the Seven-colored Cloud Fabric had already been sent to another person. It was impossible for Princess Caifeng to stop her. No matter if it was the Sixth Princess or Consort Yan, they were not like the previous madam, and she could not scold them at will. Since the fabric had been given out, it belonged to the Sixth Princess. Even though she was displeased, she did not have the right to say anything when the Sixth Princess sent it to Consort Yan.

After she married King Ning, she would be Consort Ning. It was reasonable for her to have a good relationship with the other prince’s wives. Therefore, although she was unhappy, she smiled and continued to talk to the Sixth Princess.

You Yue’e’s maidservant took the tray and stood by her side. A faint fragrance wafted out from the Cloud Fabric, and it was refreshing. Everyone who smelled it could not help but nod secretly and think that it was indeed a treasure from the Southern Barbarian Lands. Wearing a dress made out of Cloud Fabric would bring forth fragrance.

“Consort Xuan, Sixth Princess and Consort Yan are really close. I thought that the Sixth Princess and King Xuan were about the same age and that they were on better terms than the average brother and sister. However, King Yan is the one closer to her. I did not expect that.” Mo Yarui turned her head and whispered in Mo Xuetong’s ear. There was a hint of a smile in her voice as if she was teasing.

Mo Xuetong turned her head and took a deep look at Mo Yarui. Then, she said softly, “Sixth Princess is close to King Yan, so it’s natural for her to give it to Consort Yan.”

Everyone had seen that the Sixth Princess and King Yan had been close recently. However, not many people cared about it. She was just a princess. In addition to her birth mother, Imperial Noble Consort Wen, who was now in charge of the harem with Consort Su, made others feel that she was rather important. There was nothing suspicious about her.