Chapter 614

Chapter 614 A Threat, Hu Qianyue’s Misjudge

Hu Qianyue had come because she wanted to drag Mo Xuetong to see Princess Caifeng and humiliate her. They had been living in King Xuan’s Manor for so many days, but Consort Xuan had been ill and they had never seen her face. Mo Xuetong gave them the impression of being so weak that the wind almost blew her over.

As for the last time they met, even if she went into her room and had a look, Consort Xuan didn’t say anything. It could be seen that Consort Xuan was a coward.

When the maidservant had come to report that Consort Xuan was going to enter the palace, she had especially volunteered to come. She had no good intentions in the beginning.

As long as Consort Xuan talked to her, she was confident that she could bring her to Princess Caifeng. Princess Caifeng had lost face because of Consort Xuan, so she would think of a way to deal with her. She could take this opportunity to humiliate Consort Xuan and spread the news that Princess Caifeng did not know how to behave properly. At the thought of this, Hu Qianyue felt excited.

She had come to the Qin Kingdom with Princess Caifeng with malicious intentions. Of course, the marriage between the two countries was arranged by her cousin, but they didn’t want Princess Caifeng who was related to the Crown Prince to be the one marrying into the Qin Kingdom. So Hu Qianyue would do everything she could to ruin Princess Caifeng’s reputation. She would not allow her to marry a good man.

She had witnessed that Princess Caifeng was flirting with these princes, and she felt pleased. So she did not say anything about it. The worse Princess Caifeng’s reputation was, the less useful she became in the marriage. Of course, it would be even better if there were rumors that Princess Caifeng was arrogant and was trying to humiliate Consort Xuan.

Standing outside the main courtyard and waving her fan, Hu Qianyue looked dignified and elegant, with a smile on her face. She was waiting for Mo Xuetong to meet her. A weak and useless Consort Xuan was indeed fun.

“Miss Hu, Her Lady invites you in.” A maidservant came over to politely invite her. Everything was within Hu Qianyue’s expectation.

As she entered the courtyard and reached the front door of the main room, two maidservants came over and stopped the four maidservants behind her from each side.

“You, what do you mean?” Hu Qianyue’s face darkened.

“They have to stay here,” Mo Yu said politely, with smiles.

“I brought them with me when I entered the Southern Barbarian Lands’ imperial palace. Can’t I now?” Hu Qianyue raised her head and uttered proudly.

This was true. Hu Qianyue was also arrogant in the Southern Barbarian Lands, so she could get close to Princess Caifeng. As the Empress and her cousin, the Third Prince could back her, and her father was a general in the Southern Barbarian Lands, Hu Qianyue had a high status in the Southern Barbarian Lands. She really could go in and out of the imperial palace at will.

“But this is not the Southern Barbarian Lands.” Mo Yu did not give in, and there was a hint of ridicule in the smile at the corners of her mouth. She was here to threaten Hu Qianyue, so this time, she did not hold back her temper.

Hu Qianyue was stunned when she heard that. However, the next second, she snapped, “I’m just here to see Consort Xuan. Is this how Her Lady of the Qin Kingdom treats her guests?”

She especially said it to Mo Xuetong who was inside. She brought this matter up to the relationship between the two countries. She thought that the weak Consort Xuan did not dare to welcome her. She wanted her to obediently allow her people in. If Consort Xuan wanted to intimidate her, she had to see if she had the ability to do so!