Chapter 635

Chapter 635 In a Coma due to Illness

Hu Qianyue fell ill, even seriously ill. She lay unconscious on the bed and her face was almost as pale as a dead man. If her chest had not heaved slightly, Mo Xuetong would have thought that she was dead. Feng Yuran did not allow her to come, afraid that Hu Qianyue’s fever would infect her.

However, Mo Xuetong insisted on coming. Hu Qianyue had not yet left King Xuan’s Manor, so she, the hostess, had to care about her. She must not let anyone think that she, Consort Xuan, treated the envoys of the Southern Barbarian Lands too badly. She had never come to see her on the pretext of illness before, but now, since she could get up, she had to come to visit her.

Originally, Hu Qianyue would leave King Xuan’s Manor today, and then would be married into King Yan’s Manor on a nice day in a few days. As she would not be the legal wife of King Yan, a few tables for the wedding banquet would suffice. After that, Princess Caifeng’s wedding ceremony would be the main event. However, the imperial physician had said that Hu Qianyue’s illness would be a little troublesome.

It would be good enough that she could recover in half a month. First of all, she had to take care of her body first and it depended on what was going on with her body.

Since she was in such a bad condition, of course, she could not move anymore. As for the wedding, it would depend on Hu Qianyue’s condition. Others could not force her to move into King Yan’s Manor regardless of her health. Crown Prince Xieyue also took this opportunity to demand to move in a few days.

“How did your mise fall ill?” Mo Xuetong asked the maidservant standing in front of the bed.

“She was fine when she came back yesterday, and she slept well. When I got up this morning, I found that miss was so sick that she was unconscious. I don’t know if it was because the window was not closed last night!”

Mo Xuetong’s gaze landed on the tightly shut window as she asked thoughtfully, “The window wasn’t closed at night?”

The wind of yesterday did not seem to be very strong. Even if the window was open during her sleep, Hu Qianyue should not be as seriously ill as she was. If she had not known that Hu Qianyue was good at martial arts, Mo Xuetong would have thought that she was a delicate young lady with a weak body and believed what the maidservant had said.

“When miss started to sleep, the window was closed. I remember clearly. Miss has been weak. It may not be a big deal to open the window at this time, but miss can’t bear it. So I especially closed the window. But when I came here today, the window was open.” The maidservant sobbed and looked anxious.

But she had cleared to Mo Xuetong’s doubts in her words.

Mo Xuetong didn’t expect that Hu Qianyue’s maidservant was scheming either, and she looked a little familiar. It turned out that she was the maidservant who helped Hu Qianyue deal with things when they first met. She seemed to be Hu Qianyue’s trusted subordinate.

“What’s your name?” Mo Xuetong asked.

The maidservant was excited in talking when Mo Xuetong suddenly changed the topic. She could not react for a moment. Staring at Mo Xuetong with wide eyes in shock for a while, she came back to her senses and hurriedly replied, “My name is Shiqing.”

“Shiqing, take good care of your mistress here. If you need anything, just tell Aunt Xianglan. You don’t have to be too polite in King Xuan’s Manor. You should put your mistress’ body first. It’s a matter of life for a girl to have coldness in her body. Don’t let her really hurt her body. Otherwise, in the future…”

Mo Xuetong stated softly. It seemed to be a reminder, but in fact, it was a warning.

No matter how elaborate the maidservant’s lie was, she could not fool Mo Xuetong who had known that Hu Qianyue was physically strong. Furthermore, she had asked Aunt Xianglan when she came, and was told that Hu Qianyue had asked for a few buckets of cold water last night. It was said that Miss Hu had asked someone to clean the furniture in the room and the things they were going to take away.