Chapter 616

Chapter 616 Hard to Control the Hostility

“Elder brother, why is it King Yan? What does he have to do with me? I want to marry King Xuan. I want to be Consort Xuan.” Princess Caifeng had never been a person who had tolerance. She immediately stood up excitedly and spoke loudly when she heard that the man Crown Prince Xieyue mentioned was not the one she wanted to marry.

“King Xuan?” Crown Prince Xieyue frowned and said unhappily, “Everyone knows about what happened between you and King Yan. Furthermore, King Yan has agreed to marry you. What are you dissatisfied with?”

The two parties had their own ideas in private, and Consort Yan didn’t object at all. Xieyue didn’t think that Princess Caifeng didn’t know about it. Besides, Feng Yulei had left the prince’s jade pendant as the betrothal gift of their engagement. No matter which country the prince was from, he would give his jade pendant to his fiancée as the betrothal gift. Now that Feng Yulei’s jade pendant was in Princess Caifeng’s hands, didn’t it represent her intention?

“What happened between the two of us? Elder brother, there’s nothing between us. How could there’s something between us?” Princess Caifeng was so anxious that she jumped up.

“If there’s nothing between the two of you, what do you mean by talking and traveling privately with King Yan during the past few days?” There was a hint of anger on Crown Prince Xieyue’s face. If Feng Yulei and Caifeng had not made an agreement, he would not have allowed the two of them to get along in private to improve their relationship. Even though the other two princes had come, there were always people watching beside them when they were here.

“Elder brother, I… I am choosing my husband!” Caifeng was ashamed and annoyed by Xieyue’s words, and tears welled up in her eyes.

“Choosing your husband? Caifeng, I remember when we came here, I had told you clearly that no matter which prince likes you, you have to marry him. Whether you’ll be the only wife or a co-wife, you will do your part for our Southern Barbarian Lands. When could you choose the man you want to marry? He’s the son of the Qin Kingdom’s Emperor. How could you, a princess from the Southern Barbarian Lands, a small country, have the right to choose?”

Xieyue rolled his eyes slightly, and the bottom of his eyes was cold. He originally thought that although Caifeng was a little arrogant and arbitrary, at least she was sensible and knew who she was. Since he also wanted to create difficulties for those princes, he allowed those princes to visit Caifeng. Unexpectedly, what he had done spoiled her. Caifeng wanted to choose her husband in person!

The marriage alliance between the two countries was intended to improve the relationship between the two countries, and everything else was a small matter!

“But elder brother…” Princess Caifeng’s heart trembled when she saw that Xieyue’s expression had darkened. She shivered and wriggled her mouth. “Elder brother, but, I want to marry King Xuan. Didn’t they say that King Xuan is their Emperor’s favorite prince? As long as I marry King Xuan, it will be of great help to you, won’t it?”

She did not want to marry King Yan; she wanted to marry King Xuan. With her beautiful appearance, only King Xuan was worthy of her!

“King Yan was raised by the Empress. There is not only Ding General Manor behind him, but also Mingguo Manor. Even the Empress Dowager will stand on his side when necessary. And most importantly, you and King Yan are already like this. Will King Xuan marry you?” Crown Prince Xieyue analyzed calmly.

Caifeng only relied on her status as a princess and her beauty. However, it was obvious that these points did not attract King Xuan’s attention. Then, what was the point of marrying him? As for Consort Xuan, even Hu Qianyue had to admit that she was beautiful, and she had wanted to bring Consort Xuan here, but she failed, which indicated that she was not a simple woman.