Chapter 627

Chapter 627 The Power Was Not So Easy to Borrow

Feng Yuzhen sat upright with a smile on his face, looking elegant and calm. Although Crown Prince Xieyue mentioned the marriage all of a sudden, he did not feel too shocked because of his self-restraint. He thought the same way as everyone else: his current condition was the best as the position of his legal consort was vacant. The others couldn’t compete with him at all.

He did not believe that the unruly and arrogant-looking Princess Caifeng would be willing to be a concubine.

Originally, he did not like Princess Caifeng. After a few days of observation, Feng Yuzhen did not take her seriously. Although she was good-looking, she had a bad temper; besides, her behavior always made people feel that she was too indulgent. A girl who had not married yet was actually in touch with several men. Although it was in the name of choosing a husband, it was too casual for a princess.

If such a big thing had not happened to Consort Yu, Feng Yuzhen would not have been willing to come to the front stage.

Previously, because of Wang Yueyue’s incident, he slowly retreated to behind the scenes and was no longer at the front stage to openly enhance his strength. He acted as if he really had no other thoughts about the throne. In fact, this was his and the Empress Dowager’s plan. Only when he slowly retreated to behind the scenes, would he not attract the attention of the Emperor and other princes.

There were some things that could be carried out secretly. The child in Consort Yu’s belly was the last trump card for him to win. Before the trump card was revealed, he must keep a low profile. He must not fight with the Emperor and attract his attention. He was not the Emperor’s son; the Emperor would not do anything to his sons even if they did some unusual movements; and as long as they did not do something against human relations, the Emperor would forgive them.

He was different. He was the Emperor’s nephew, a powerful nephew. People always thought that if his father was still alive, he would be the legitimate Crown Prince. With such a person, how could the Emperor not be afraid? As long as he showed something unusual, the Emperor would not let him go lightly.

Therefore, he was waiting. When the Emperor’s sons fought at outrance and all suffered lose, he would take the little prince who had just been born to stand out. Then he could control the prince and command the Emperor. In the palace, Consort Yu and the Empress Dowager could help him, and outside the palace, he had his own powers. It was really not a big deal for him to take charge of the court affairs. He was not going to change the dynasty. The officials would naturally turn to their new master.

He would first be the Emperor’s Regent, and when the time came, he would be the Emperor!

As for whether Consort Yu could give birth to a son or not, it was not a big deal. Even if she gave birth to a daughter, he could get people to swap the girl for a boy.

Consort Yu’s incident had happened so suddenly that the Empress Dowager had not been prepared for it at all. Furthermore, the Emperor, the Empress, and the other consorts were all present that day. When the incident suddenly happened, the imperial physician who had been feeling Consort Yu’s pulse had not come. The Empress Dowager’s palace was still a little far away from Consort Yu, so she had come too late.

Given all the factors, it completely disrupted the steps of King Ning’s side!

And because of this, Feng Yuzhen had to change his strategies!

He needed stronger support, such as the support from the Southern Barbarian Lands. Therefore, although this princess was not his type, he had to find a way to marry her as his wife so as to maintain friendly contact and cooperation with the Southern Barbarian Lands.