Chapter 662

Chapter 662 The Missing Pages

“Nanny Hu, the warehouse is so messy. Please help me look for it. I’ll stay here. It’s so messy. How can I put my foot in it?” Luo Mingzhu shook her handkerchief and looked at the door of the warehouse with disgust. She frowned, which made Nanny Hu smile bitterly in her heart.

Nanny Hu didn’t know what Luo Mingzhu was thinking. She had never been to the warehouse before, but this time she insisted on coming here in person, but she felt disgusted as she reached here, which made Nanny Hu flustered. She didn’t know if she should look after this lady first, or find the painting first.

“Second Miss, why don’t you sit here for a while? I’ll go in and look for it with others,” Nanny Hu said with a helpless smile and secretly wiped her sweat. It was more difficult to serve her than before she got married. With her keeping on asking, it was hard to find what she wanted.

So she’d better get rid of her first!

Luo Mingzhu looked at the small wing room outside the warehouse and then at the huge warehouse. She hesitated for a moment before asking, “Sit here? Are you fast to look for it?”

“Well, I can’t tell you now…” Nanny Hu’s face suddenly became bitter. She didn’t know why this young lady remembered it today. Nanny Hu still had some recollections of the painting and it seemed to be a very beautiful landscape painting, but that was all.

It was a painting many years ago, and it was Luo Mingzhu’s favorite one when she was about 10 years old. After hanging in her room for a while, this young lady didn’t like it anymore. She threw it into the warehouse and put it away. Until now, five or six years had passed. At this time, Nanny Hu really didn’t know when she could find it.

“Alright, alright. I know that you are in a difficult position. Let her find it with you later. I will sit here. Is there anything nice here to read? Let me read something, or it would be too boring.” Luo Mingzhu pointed at her personal maidservant Xiaohuan and said impatiently, looking as if she would sit here and watch their work today.

“Second Miss, what do you want to read? Look, I don’t…” Nanny Hu shook her hands and asked with a bitter expression. This small wing room was her office when she usually cleaned up the warehouse. She could not read much, so she did not have any books for Luo Mingzhu to read.

Luo Mingzhu sat on a chair by the side, covered her nose with a handkerchief and turned around casually. Suddenly, she pointed at a stack of tall account books in a cabinet and said, “They are okay. I have nothing to do anyway. Cousin Tong has gone to learn how to manage the back courtyard from Mother. I’ll learn it by myself to surprise them.”

Nanny Hu was speechless when she saw how Luo Mingzhu was proud. The second miss had always been spoilt, and didn’t manage family after she got married. So she did not know how complicated it was. Since she did not think it was troublesome, what else could she say? Nanny Hu nodded and took out the key to open the cabinet. She was about to get someone to bring out the account books.

Luo Mingzhu was already waving her hand impatiently and assigned the servants. “Nanny Hu, you can all go in and look for it. You must find the painting for me. I used to like it the most, so you have to find it. Just keep one maidservant here, and everyone else can help Nanny Hu find it. I don’t have much time here, so I can’t waste it here. I have to take a nap later. I’m really sleepy now.”

“Yes, yes, yes, I’ll tell them to hurry up and not to delay your nap.” Nanny Hu nodded with a smile. She did not dare to hesitate and took the other servants away obediently, leaving Luo Mingzhu and one of her maidservants behind. The painting might not be easy to find. Many hands made light work, and there would always be people who would discover it!