Chapter 669

Chapter 669 They Bumped into Each Other Coincidentally

Mo Xuetong did not expect that she happened to run into it even though she did not want to care about their performance.

That scene happened in an alley. The two people, who should not have appeared here, happened to be here and even bumped into each other coincidentally. Mo Xuetong, who happened to be in a room beside, witnessed all this. The window was opened, and the gauze had been drawn. Since the window was not big, and it was a little high, other people could not see the people inside if they paid no attention to it.

This was a jade shop owned by Mo Xuetong. She was checking the account books in the accounting room at that time.

Every month, when things in King Xuan’s Manor were almost done, she would come out and see how her shops were doing. In addition to Xiuning Workshop, Mo Xuetong did not find anything unusual in the other shops. She had already taken charge of all the shops after firing several ineffective shopkeepers.

Some of the shops had once been controlled by Auntie Fang. Fortunately, it didn’t last long. In addition, the Fu General Manor had been a deterrent behind Mo Xuetong, so Auntie Fang didn’t dare to make a big move. She couldn’t change all the staff, and only secretly switched a few people. When Mo Xuetong came back to take charge of the shops, she dealt with all of them.

Without Auntie Fang’s control behind the scene, these shops quickly returned to Mo Xuetong’s hands completely. After the money Auntie Fang had embezzled when she was managing the shops was deducted, the loss was not big overall. Mo Xuetong had intended to buy some things today and see if there were any good gifts for Princess Caifeng by the way. Then, she could ask someone to send them directly to the manor where Princess Caifeng lived.

It was not that there were no precious gifts in King Xuan’s Manor; it was just that she didn’t dare to take Princess Caifeng of the Southern Barbarian Lands lightly. No one knew what would happen. So she went out to buy gifts and asked the shop to directly send them to the princess’s manor later. In this way, she could avoid touching them. If there was anything wrong with them, she could explain it clearly.

Mo Xuetong did not want to become others’ tool and be used at this time!

When she reached here, she remembered that she had a shop here, so she casually came in. When the shopkeeper heard that his boss had come, he hurriedly came out and invited her to enter the accounting room behind the shop. Then he took out the receipts and sales records for this month. Mo Xuetong asked the shopkeeper to go out before she sat quietly in the account room to check the account, with Mo Lan and Mo Ye accompanying her.

It was very quiet in the room except for the sound of the pages turning. Mo Lan softly poured some hot water into Mo Xuetong’s teacup, and Mo Ye stood outside the door.

“Sixth Princess, why did you come to such a place? Is it because good wine needs no bush, and its sweet smell alone attracts guests? Is there any good place?” A gentle voice outside the window broke the silence of the room. Mo Xuetong looked up at the window thoughtfully with her jet-black eyes. From her position, nothing could be seen.

Mo Ye also heard the sound at the door and quickly entered the room. Seeing a chair by the window, she lightly landed on it. Then, she peered out through the gauze.

Mo Lan was anxious as she was afraid that Mo Ye would startle the people outside. She wanted to pull Mo Ye down. Mo Xuetong smiled and waved her hand, pointing at the window gauze to indicate that it was fine. The window was high and it was hard to see through the gauze at a distance. Mo Ye was standing close and should be able to vaguely see who it was.