Chapter 678

Chapter 678 To See But Not to Recognize

In Feng Yulei’s heart, Beauty Ling had been his real mother, the mother who had truly given her undivided attention to him and protected him with her life. He had hated the person who had killed Beauty Ling from the bottom of his heart and sworn that if he had the chance to know the truth in the future, he would definitely kill the enemy. Even if this person was the current Empress, it did not matter.

However, he did not expect this person to be Imperial Noble Consort Wen, who had always been quiet and gentle. Furthermore, she was his biological mother. How could Feng Yulei accept this? His biological mother had killed Beauty Ling who had been protecting him. Even though Imperial Noble Consort Wen said that she did it all for him, he would not be able to bear it.

It was Beauty Ling in his innocent childhood memory that fitted Feng Yulei’s image of his mother. She was loving, gentle, and took good care of him. At that time, he was very happy. Although others said that his mother was not favored by the Emperor and his Eighth brother’s mother was the most favored person in his father’s heart, he did not care. At least his beautiful and gentle mother accompanied him, and he had nothing to worry about.

Then, Beauty Ling was poisoned to death, and Feng Yulei fell from heaven to hell. To a prince who lost his mother’s protection, life in this palace was very difficult. Because he was young, he was bullied by eunuchs and palace maids in the palace. Sometimes, he was even ignored. Even little eunuchs dared to make fun of him. They pushed him to the ground, making him unable to get up, and then they laughed and left.

At the thought of this, Feng Yulei could not accept Imperial Noble Consort Wen calmly! When she excitedly told him what happened in the past to prove that she was his biological mother who wholeheartedly protected him, Feng Yulei rushed out of the door and refused to look at the merging of the two drops of blood and Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s expectant eyes. He was even more unwilling to think that Imperial Noble Consort Wen was his biological mother.

“Venomous as snakes and scorpions”, he could not think of any other words to describe this woman.

“Lei’er, how can you treat me like this? Beauty Ling treated you well because she thought that you were her own son. If she had known that her son died because of you, how could she have allowed you to live? Lei’er, I am the only one who is sincere to you. Do you think that a mother can be willing to give up her son and watch him call another woman mother?”

Imperial Noble Consort Wen shed tears and looked at Feng Yulei sadly. She cried mournfully and stretched out her hand as if she wanted to touch Feng Yulei’s clothes. However, her hand fell powerlessly under his cold and disgusted eyes. Everything had gone the way she planned it.

She and Beauty Ling were due within just a few days of each other. Under normal circumstances, Beauty Ling would give birth to a child about half a month earlier than her. She noticed Ding General Manor and the Empress behind Beauty Ling. The Empress had no children, and if she wanted to adopt a child, she would choose Beauty Ling’s child as Beauty Ling was closest to her by blood.

If it weren’t for the Empress and Ding General Manor behind Beauty Ling, with her gentle and useless character, how could she be able to give birth to a prince safely? Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s family was powerless, and she knew that it was her weakness. So she came up with this idea to replace Beauty Ling’s child with her own son.

When Beauty Ling gave birth, she used drugs to hasten parturition in her palace and secretly gave birth to a child. She bribed the nanny beside Beauty Ling and replaced the son Beauty Ling gave birth to with her son. Then, she smothered the child that Beauty Ling had just given birth to.