Chapter 621

Chapter 621 Tianfeng Palace, the Peace Among Consorts

After leaving the Empress Dowager’s Cining Palace, Mo Xuetong went to the Empress’ Tianfeng Palace. Ever since something happened to the Empress, Consort Su and Imperial Noble Consort Wen were in charge of all matters in the harem. The Empress’ Tianfeng Palace was also very cold. When she saw Mo Xuetong coming from afar, her smile grew even more friendly and she was even more careful.

Those servants who used to serve the Empress had not forgotten how Consort Xuan fought back against the Empress. She fainted in the Empress’ Tianfeng Palace, which put the Empress in a very passive position all of a sudden.

What Mo Xuetong did not expect was that Imperial Noble Consort Wen was also in the Empress’ palace.

“How are you feeling? I heard from Old Eight a few days ago that you were so ill that you could not even get up. I thought that you were still young and wouldn’t suffer a tragic fate. So I prayed for you in front of the Buddha. Now I think back to it, I find that you are indeed blessed.” The Empress, who was on the high seat, was dressed plainly and looked at Mo Xuetong with a benevolent expression. She had never been so gentle before.

“Many thanks, Your Majesty!” Mo Xuetong said softly.

“Rise. You’re in poor health. Sit down and have a rest first.” The Empress was dignified and gracious, in line with her identity of a member of the royal family. There was also a hint of concern for Mo Xuetong on her face. She looked sincere.

It made Mo Xuetong wonder when the Empress became easy-going!

“Your Majesty, are you feeling unwell too? Your face looks too pale.” Since the Empress had expressed her kindness, Mo Xuetong could not do things that led to people attacking and criticizing her. Then, the haggard expression on the Empress’s dignified face was obvious. She recalled that when the imperial physician came to see her a few days ago, he had mentioned that the Empress was not feeling well. So, she brought it up as a topic of conversation.

“It’s not a big deal. I’m just a little weak. I’m fine.” The Empress’ voice was no longer high and mighty for the first time. She answered kindly as an elder, which immediately made people feel that she was much closer.

“Your Majesty, don’t be careless. You have to ask the imperial physician to examine you. Don’t put off a slight illness until it becomes a serious one.” Mo Xuetong’s smile grew even more sincere. She cast a glance at the Empress’ expression and there was a hint of worry in her eyes. Even though the imperial physician had told her that the Empress was ill, he knew nothing about it. It was said that the imperial physician in the palace wasn’t allowed to her carefully.

“It’s okay. Xuehe said it’s not a serious illness. It’s just the warm heat disease and I’m a little worried.” The Empress smiled.

“Xuehe, the Sixth Princess?” Mo Xuetong had a sudden thought.

“So many things have happened in the harem recently, and Consort Yu has lost the child in her belly. Her Majesty is worried about the Emperor’s child in the harem, and she has not been eating well these days. If the child is born, His Majesty will have four sons. But now, the child…” Imperial Noble Consort Wen took over the topic and sighed.

Consort Yu lost her baby because Consort Zhao had bumped into her. Fortunately, the relationship between Feng Yuran and the He family and Consort Zhao had already broken on Mo Xuetong’s birthday. Imperial Noble Consort Wen did not mean to slap her in the face when she said that. She was trying to explain why the Empress did not feel well.

Her smile was gentle, leaving a good impression on others. She sat across from Mo Xuetong. She was not as imposing as the Empress when she talked and smiled.