Chapter 612

Chapter 612 Grant a Candy after a Slap

“Old Eight, don’t be rash. Father will give you justice.” Emperor Zongwen let out a sigh as he looked at his son with guilt. He had thought that this son was too stubborn, but now he realized that he was the one who had been blinded. Consort Zhao had been clearly hidden a malicious intent.

“What are you going to do, Father?” As Feng Yuran saw how tired Emperor Zongwen was, the anger in the corners of his eyes faded slightly and he asked with a gloomy expression.

Even though he wanted to destroy the He family completely, he knew that he couldn’t do it. No matter what, the He family was Consort Xian’s parents’ home. He couldn’t do something like this because of filial piety. Even if he didn’t mind his reputation, he still had to think it for Mo Xuetong. He couldn’t let her bear the reputation of marrying a bloodthirsty husband and be pointed at by others.

Moreover, he had another goal, and he couldn’t have a fierce reputation at this time.

“You do it. Remember to be careful and don’t be accused of doing anything wrong.” Emperor Zongwen waved his hand and looked up at his beloved son as a hint of sadness appeared on his face. This was the son of the woman he loved, but as the Emperor, not only could he not protect his beloved woman, he could not even protect his son.

“Father, I will properly settle it.” Feng Yuran nodded. The anger in his eyes had already turned into coldness. He would not spare the He family easily.

“Have a seat. How is your manor? I heard that it has been in chaos for the past few days,” Emperor Zongwen asked after he suppressed his anger and gave a little cough. The envoys of the Southern Barbarian Lands had moved into King Xuan’s Manor. Then, Princess Caifeng had an accident, and created a mess. If he had not always believed in his youngest son’s abilities, he would have gotten her out of King Xuan’s Manor.

At the mention of the envoys of the Southern Barbarian Lands, Feng Yuran’s expression changed. He sat down on a chair by the side and answered, “Father, Princess Caifeng of the Southern Barbarian Lands is a very independent person. There seems to be an agreement between her and Third Brother. However, she has been doing well with Eldest Brother and King Ning these few days. She is a tactful woman who usually talks and laughs with them. She looks very comfortable.”

Emperor Zongwen frowned. “Does she usually meet your brothers directly?”

This was definitely not what a woman who obeyed womanly rules should do.

“Father, why are you so worried? Third Brother didn’t say anything about it. Actually, Consort Yan was also there that day, and the two of them hugged each other when their clothes were in disarray. According to your opinion, they should be put in a pig cage and drown in a river. Father, the Southern Barbarian Lands has a different ethos from us,” Feng Yuran explained meaningfully. He tilted his head and cast a glance at Emperor Zongwen, saying directly, “Father, now that that woman has been acting like that, you can’t order me to accept the rubbish that Third Brother left behind. Otherwise, perhaps one day, she will stab me in the heart!”

His words were a little harsh, and Emperor Zongwen glared at him angrily. “What are you talking about? Was this what a prince should say?”

“Of course, it was not what a prince should say, but it was not what a princess should do. Look, what is it? Everyone knows that the woman and Third Brother have an affair. However, Eldest Brother and King Ning are still circling around her all day long. It seems that they don’t care about her reputation. Anyway, no matter whether they care about it or not, I don’t want her. So don’t try to ask me to marry her.”