Chapter 714

Chapter 714 The Robe Hidden under the Books

The young ladies in the room were all injured and did not want to interrupt others. Seeing that everyone was staring at her hopefully, Wang Yilan thought for a while before she straightened up and reached out to get the books. The books were originally beside her. Even though she was injured, she could get them without much effort. In this situation, they did not want more people to see them, so Wang Yilan did it herself.

Anyway, Yu Siyan was right—Consort Xuan would not mind such a trivial thing.

She reached for the pile of books and picked up a book casually. She took it out, looked at it and found it was a medical book. She could not understand such a book. She wondered why Consort Xuan would leave this book in her room. Wang Yilan held the book up, facing it to the opposite. The other three young ladies shook their heads and did not want to read this book.

Yu Siyan suddenly pointed at a book protruding from outside and said, “Miss Wang, the next one, it seems to be “The Book of Songs”. Take it out and let me have a look.”

The book was located on the upper half of the pile of books, with a few books on it. A small part of it was exposed. Wang Yilan looked at it and found that it was indeed “The Book of Songs”. She noticed that the book under the one that had been removed was also a medical book. She estimated that the next few books were the same, so she simply took out “The Book of Songs”.

She stretched out her hand to pull it, but she failed. She grabbed the edge of the bed with one hand and pulled it hard with the other hand. This time, the book was pulled out. But before Wang Yilan could hold the book and read it carefully, there was a loud noise behind her. She was so scared that she threw away the book in her hand and hurriedly turned her neck.

When she looked back again, she was dumbfounded!

She didn’t know where she had collided, but the pile of books fell behind her. These books were very heavy, and a few of them fell to the ground heavily. They even knocked down the stool that had been put aside when the maidservant applied the medicine to her injury, making a heavy sound.

Silence fell inside and outside the room. Then, a group of madams suddenly rushed in from outside. The ones in front were the mothers of these young ladies in the room.

“What’s going on?”

“What’s the matter?”

“What has fallen?”…

An accident had happened just now. If something happened again, it would be too bad. The madams who rushed in were all very anxious.

“I… these books, fell!” Wang Yilan was the first to come to her senses. Looking at the madams and the other madams and young ladies behind them, who rushed into the room, she said with a grievance. She really didn’t figure out why the entire pile of books was turned over after she pulled out one book. The book was on the upper half of the pile of books, so how could it be turned over like this?

“How did that happen? You’re already injured like this and you even turned Her Lady’s place into this!” Wang Yilan’s mother, Madam Wang glared at her daughter unhappily. Seeing her daughter sitting there with tears in her eyes, she felt sorry for her. She could only scold her helplessly and asked her maidservant to pick up the book.

There had never been peace today!

Could it be that she didn’t burn incense when they went out?

The other madams also had a bitter look on their faces as they asked their maidservants to come over and help Madam Wang clean up the mess.

Mo Xuetong entered with her maidservants. The madams and young ladies all made way for her. Then Mo Xuetong saw a few maidservants of different families pack her books and the madams and young ladies all smiling.