Chapter 685

Chapter 685 Who Plotted against Whom

The Sixth Princess excused that she felt not well. After Hu Qianyue went out with her, several older madams of aristocratic families also found their own reasons to go out and strolled in the garden.

You Yue’e sat for a while, feeling depressed. She had been in poor health these days. She didn’t want to attend this banquet as she was pregnant. Besides, Hu Qianyue, a young lady from the Southern Barbarian Lands, who was about to marry into King Yan’s Manor, was also here. You Yue’e was not in the mood to enjoy this banquet at all.

However, Feng Yulei insisted again and again that it was time to establish good relationship with the Southern Barbarian Lands. Although Hu Qianyue’s status was lower than Princess Caifeng’s, she was powerful in the Southern Barbarian Lands. Now that Princess Caifeng had invited her to the banquet, Hu Qianyue would definitely accompany her. How could she, as Consort Yan, lose her grace? She had to attend the banquet to support her.

Besides, Feng Yulei also promised You Yue’e that he would ask the Sixth Princess to take care of her.

The Sixth Princess was Feng Yulei’s younger sister, and Feng Yulei did not hide it from her. When Imperial Noble Consort Wen told him about it, he had told You Yue’e about it as soon as he returned home. Since You Yue’e was close to the Sixth Princess and knew that she knew medical skills, she could rest assured with her taking care of her.

There was no reason for her to refuse, so You Yue’e must come.

She did not dare to accept the item from the Southern Barbarian Lands. However, since it was sent by the Sixth Princess, she accepted it with a smile. The Sixth Princess knew medical skills, and she was her own sister-in-law. She must think that there was nothing wrong with the gift before giving it to her. Of course, there was nothing wrong with it. When she saw the Sixth Princess leaving, she felt a little uncomfortable.

You Yue’e had deeply sensed Princess Caifeng’s bad intentions. She was still pregnant, so there was no room for an error. She stood up immediately and said to Princess Caifeng with a smile, “Your Highness, I have some chest tightness. I want to take a walk in the garden. Can I?”

“Alright, I’m tired. Why don’t we go to the garden together?” Princess Caifeng nodded happily and then turned around to look at the other madams and young ladies present. The banquet was meant to be entertaining, and naturally, they could only sit together and chat at the banquet. Everyone nodded and got up to leave.

“Your Highness, where is the rest room in your manor? I want to rest for a while,” You Yue’e asked just as she walked out of the door.

She did not want to be with Princess Caifeng in the first place. In the past, Princess Caifeng was a princess from the Southern Barbarian Lands to marry into the Qin Kingdom. Back then, she had dared to attack Mo Xuetong in front of the Empress Dowager and the other princes. She was about to marry King Ning, Feng Yuzhen now. Feng Yuzhen had always been at odds with Feng Yulei. Who knew what would happen to her? The Sixth Princess was not by her side and You Yue’e was very careful.

When she noticed that Princess Caifeng wanted to accompany her, she quickly found an excuse to refuse.

Princess Caifeng stopped and asked with concern, “Consort Yan, are you really feel so bad? Do you want to find a doctor to check on you?”

“There’s no need. I’ll be fine after resting for a while. Just like Consort Xuan, it’s a chronic ailment.” You Yue’e smiled and mentioned Mo Xuetong.

“Ah, so that’s it. Wait a minute. I’ll get someone to find Qianyue and ask her to take you there to rest.” Noticing that You Yue’e’s expression was not very good, Princess Caifeng did not insist. She turned around and wanted to call her maidservant over.