Chapter 674

Chapter 674 Once Having the Same Owner

Qin Yufeng paused when he said that, with a leisurely smile tugging at the corner of his mouth as if he was speaking casually. He picked up the teacup on the table and took a sip of tea slowly.

“What happened after that?” You Yuecheng could not help but ask.

“It was not settled after that, because it was very troublesome. The building of the teahouse has been perfected in all aspects. It was inconvenient to suddenly build a staircase downstairs. Not only will the original arrangement have to be broken down, but it will have to be redesigned. The customers of the jade shop usually left immediately after choosing goods, and few people will watch it for a long time or wait for tea while watching it. Therefore, it’s uneconomical to make such a staircase.”

Qin Yufeng gently put down the teacup in his hand and replied with a smile.

“It didn’t work out in the end?” You Yuecheng looked at Qin Yufeng appraisingly.

“Yes, we did not agree. That is why we do not get along well with them.” Qin Yufeng could not help but laugh.

While they were talking, a waiter led the shopkeeper over. The shopkeeper was a middle-aged man in his thirties, and looked gentle and refined. After he greeted the two men and heard You Yuecheng ask about the owner of the jade shop next door, the shopkeeper showed a little anger on his face. “Your Excellency, although I don’t know who their owner is, judging from the shopkeeper’s appearance, I can tell that the owner is not a man of good taste. The two shops’ business is irrelevant, but they wanted to make a staircase to connect the two shops. Wasn’t that looking for trouble?”

“What are you talking about? How did their owner offend you?” Qin Yufeng chided him gently.

“Young owner, I said those words because the shopkeeper of the jade shop is too stubborn. It has been so long. We didn’t say anything when we saw each other, but they were still thinking of ways to mention it to me. If their owner hasn’t agreed to it, why is he still so unreasonable?”

The shopkeeper was so angry that he kept on complaining. It could be seen that he was really annoyed. And the more he said, the more excited he became. It was obvious that he was very pissed off.

Seeing that he could not find out anything, You Yuecheng asked the shopkeeper to go back. Did he really make a mistake?

The shopkeepers of the two shops had such a long dispute over this matter. When he came up, he also asked his manservant to check whether there was such a secret staircase. It seemed that there was really no connection between the jade shop and the teahouse.

You Yuecheng chatted with Qin Yufeng casually for a more while and then left with the excuse of being busy with official business. Qin Yufeng sent him to the door of the private room and watched him leave with a smile on his face. He did not return to the private room until he could not see him. Then, the waiter served him tea again, went out and closed the door.

Qin Yufeng did not sit down. He walked to the wooden wall that was connected to the private room next door, reached out and pressed lightly on the dark corner beside him. The wooden screen and the wooden wall slid open silently, revealing Mo Xuetong, who was sitting on the chair and staring at him with wide watery eyes. She was speechless and there were two maidservants standing beside her vigilantly.

Mo Xuetong was truly shocked. She had been sitting in that position earlier and had heard everything clearly. As You Yuecheng was tricked away by Qin Yufeng, she heaved a sigh of relief. She did not expect that the teahouse belonged to Qin Yufeng. Furthermore, he happened to be here today. What surprised her the most was that Qin Yufeng and the shopkeeper had claimed in unison that there was not a staircase that could be used to get up and down from the jade shop.