Chapter 708

Chapter 708 Old Madam Qin’s Unusual Reaction

“Speaking of this painting, it was sent by a close friend of mine. After so many years, when I saw this painting, I thought of her. Alas, I was so anxious when Xuan’er lost it.” Old Madam Qin sighed, as if she was explaining.

Mo Xuetong did not reply, and just smiled at Old Madam Qin. Then she asked Mo Yu to hold the painting in her hand. She stood up, walked over, picked up the painting and unfolded it in front of Old Madam Qin before she asked with a smile, “Grandaunt, is this painting?”

As the painting unfolded, Luo Xia’s face openly appeared on the scroll. Set off by many flowers, she looked particularly eye-catching and bright. Mdm Yu, who was standing by the side, was stunned and frowned unconsciously.

“It’s indeed this one. Xuan’er didn’t know that he had given the painting to you. He said that he couldn’t remember where it was when I asked him. What was his mind on?” The lost painting had finally been restored and appeared in front of Old Madam Qin. Old Madam Qin couldn’t help but let out a sigh of relief in her heart and scolded with a smile.

Finally, the painting wasn’t gotten out. In the future, she had to lock the painting up and prevent others from seeing it.

She was about to ask the old maidservant beside her to take it, but was stunned by what Mo Xuetong said next.

“Grandaunt, is this girl my mother?” Mo Xuetong looked up with her beautiful eyes as she pointed at Luo Xia in the painting in surprise and asked, “Grandaunt, look, this painting is too detailed. Even the tiny red mark on my mother’s left forehead is so clear. Could it be done by my grandmother?”

There was indeed a faint mark on Luo Xia’s forehead, but it was very light and was only a small mark. Mo Xuetong happened to discover it on her mother’s forehead and did not pay attention to it after that. However, the Luo Xia in the painting was still a little girl. There was no hair covering her forehead, so Mo Xuetong could see the small mark on her forehead, which was exactly the same as what she remembered.

Even though there were many people who were similar in appearance, it was impossible for them to have the exact same mark!

Old Madam Qin was stunned. She followed the direction that Mo Xuetong’s finger was pointing and saw Luo Xia’s inconspicuous forehead and the small mark on her forehead that was light but did exist.

It… it seemed that she couldn’t say that it was someone else!

“According to what you said, the girl does look a little like your mother. I didn’t notice it before. Maybe my close friend had seen your mother before and thought she was cute, so she drew her in the picture!” Old Madam Qin said, all smiles.

Mo Xuetong’s eyes flicked around Old Madam Qin’s slightly exaggerated smile. She suddenly pointed at the next person. It was a girl’s profile. Even though it was only a profile, everyone who knew Princess Royal could tell that she was Princess Royal. “Then, Grandaunt, is this Princess Royal?”

“This is Princess Royal?” Old Madam Qin’s gaze followed Mo Xuetong’s hand and landed on it. The corners of her lips twisted as if she had just discovered it. Then, she seemed to have realized something and said, “No wonder I was a little surprised when I got the painting. I felt that I had met the person in the painting before. Now I realize that this is really what Princess Royal looked like when she was a young girl?”

“Grandaunt, shall I show it to Mother? Maybe she will remember what happened when the painting was drawn at that time. My mother is gone. If I could know every detail of her childhood, maybe… I, I won’t miss her so much.” Mo Xuetong was about to cry. She stared blankly at Luo Xia in the painting. Tears welled up in the corners of her eyes and a sad expression appeared on her face.